Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: CFSpeed Utility and Speed Camera Detection

  1. #21
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Yamba NSW Australia
    Posts
    56

    Version 1.0.1.2

    Version 1.0.1.2


    Localisation should now work with both Speed and Speed Camera detection fixed.

    Please let me know if you still can't get the correct output and where you are located.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    17
    Thanks AUSMARK! Version 1.0.1.2 works perfectly for me.

    May I suggest a couple of changes, that I think useful?

    The kph/mph indicator is really indispensable? I don't think so and it's not localised.
    It could be nice to make configurable the speed cam alert distances.

    What do you think about that?

    Thank you very much for your useful work!

  3. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24
    tried this out today and it's useful - but could be made more useful by a few changes

    1. left click on system tray icon should open the menu - right click is impossible using touchscreen!
    2. option to display the distance (in ft/m) to nearest speed camera instead of a speed camera bmp
    3. option to change speed camera distance for getting a warning - its much much too big at the moment (living in London - I find about 2/3 of the time I have the warning up)
    4. a distance setting that scales with the gps speed - also a minimum speed cutoff so that if im doing 8mph in traffic (as is common in London unfortunately) I dont receive warnings..
    5. ability to change display font/size

    I think those things are quite simple to add if youre still developing this..

  4. #24
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Yamba NSW Australia
    Posts
    56
    Yes still working on it - have already incorporated a couple of things that you mentioned - will upload a new ver in a couple of days.

  5. #25
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    98
    Hi there, this program sounds like it might be awesome... if i could get the speed camera part working.
    I live in south australia, after i installed the program i went for a quick drive through some camera locations and nothing happened so i thought id download a CSV file that i know has the locations. still nothing. i have used POIedit program to save file in several different CSV formats (destinator and navman comma separated format) still no warnnings. even tried saving the CSV file as MioMap comma seperated (what ever that is)

    any help would be greatly appreciated.

  6. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSMARK View Post
    Yes still working on it - have already incorporated a couple of things that you mentioned - will upload a new ver in a couple of days.
    good news - looking forward to it

    can I ask if you are calculating x/y from the lat/long coordinates and if so what projection system youre using - just out of interest

  7. #27
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Yamba NSW Australia
    Posts
    56

    Try This CSV

    This is the Australian File that I am using - must be in this format.
    Cameras are accurate for Northern NSW - not sure of elsewhere.


    Quote Originally Posted by vqstatesman View Post
    Hi there, this program sounds like it might be awesome... if i could get the speed camera part working.
    I live in south australia, after i installed the program i went for a quick drive through some camera locations and nothing happened so i thought id download a CSV file that i know has the locations. still nothing. i have used POIedit program to save file in several different CSV formats (destinator and navman comma separated format) still no warnnings. even tried saving the CSV file as MioMap comma seperated (what ever that is)

    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #28
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Yamba NSW Australia
    Posts
    56
    Basically reading long/lat every 5 seconds - then calculating distance to database of known SpeedCams longs and lats.

    Not sure about the projection - assumptions are made when calculating distance that it is as the crow flies and for the purpose of calculating small distance between where your car is and where the speedcam is - this seems to work (proving the coordinate system is the same)- for an explanation of calculating distance see this web site.


    http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html



    Quote Originally Posted by jwrpalmer View Post
    good news - looking forward to it

    can I ask if you are calculating x/y from the lat/long coordinates and if so what projection system youre using - just out of interest

  9. #29
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    if this plugin was not properly working in Beta 1.30, it has been fixed... There was an issue with getGPSInfo in 1.30...

    1.40 Beta will be out tomorrow or the next day, with the final 1.5 official update ready by the end of October...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #30
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Yamba NSW Australia
    Posts
    56
    Not dependant on Centrafuse for GPS information - uses Xport3 to split GPS Data and another Library to get position etc.
    I am developing using Visual Studio 2005 and have not been able to work out how to use Centrafuse to Plugin to its Library.


    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    if this plugin was not properly working in Beta 1.30, it has been fixed... There was an issue with getGPSInfo in 1.30...

    1.40 Beta will be out tomorrow or the next day, with the final 1.5 official update ready by the end of October...

    david

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Utility to change behavior of ATX power button (e.g.: launch an app)
    By justintime in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
  2. Sandisk Fixed Disk Utility
    By Nemesis001 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
  3. HD tester utility?
    By NoDex in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 06:49 AM
  4. New utility: Sleep Timeout
    By Eric Brown in forum MacCar
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:19 PM
  5. LCD driver/bios development utility?
    By GRUNT in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •