Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 252

Thread: XM / Sirius Worklog

  1. #121
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Scott/David,

    Well, I see the SPDIF choice in 1.45, but now something else must be wrong. I can't tell you if the SPDIF input works because the XM module now does nothing for me. It won't load any channels at all. The channels fields just remain blank. I tried in both buffer and non-buffer mode.

    Before 1.45, I had no problem getting channels to load and update, I just couldn't hear anything unless I manually unmuted the SPDIF line.

    XM works fine in other front-ends right now, so it's not a hardware issue.

    Thanks.
    we will look into, I will make sure the wrong files did not get included in the update...

    I apologize...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  2. #122
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    we will look into, I will make sure the wrong files did not get included in the update...

    I apologize...

    david
    No worries.

    Thanks.

  3. #123
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392

    Updated Build V1.451

    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    No worries.

    Thanks.
    See post #1 for new update, this should be fixed, let me know how it works for you...

  4. #124
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Bad news Scott... still a no go with 1.451.

    I tried in both buffer and non-buffer mode, and just to be sure it wasn't a problem with the new SPDIF code, I also tried it with the other inputs too. The result is the same as before... the module just doesn't do anything.

  5. #125
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Bad news Scott... still a no go with 1.451.

    I tried in both buffer and non-buffer mode, and just to be sure it wasn't a problem with the new SPDIF code, I also tried it with the other inputs too. The result is the same as before... the module just doesn't do anything.
    Darn, I did reproduce the bug on my machine, but this fixed it. Please post your log.txt file found in the SatRadio directory under your Local Settings/Application Data/Centrafuse/Plugins folder...


    Can someone else out there please confirm if the XM/Sirius is still working for you?

  6. #126
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Here's the log. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #127
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Here's the log. Thanks.
    Are you sure you are using latest satradio.dll? There are some new lines of debug logging that I added in the latest version that are not showing up in your log... The new dll is timestamped 12/11 9:17PM. What is the timestamp of the dll in your CFInstall/Plugins/SatRadio folder?
    EDIT: Also make sure there are no other copies of satradio.dll anywhere from your CF install folder on down...

  8. #128
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Scott, after installing CF 1.46 today, everything worked. Did the 1.46 installer have the latest satradio.dll in it? Perhaps that fixed it. I'm not at my car right now to identify the timestamp of the file, but I will just to make sure when I get back to it. Althought it seems all is good now with that.

    @David -

    Well, we're pretty much there with the S/PDIF in... I have sound now! Thanks! One issue still though: I only get sound with the Buffer turned ON. I typically keep that turned off. I'm guessing the reason is that I'm getting the sound through the "SPDIF In" of the RECORDING line in Windows. It seems that for it to work with Buffer mode OFF, I'd still need CF to unmute the SPDIF PLAYBACK line.

    Let me know your thoughts on that. For now, it's very nice to have sound on XM finally! Only thing is that Buffer mode really drives up my CPU usage, so I've never used it in the past. Thanks.

  9. #129
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Scott, after installing CF 1.46 today, everything worked. Did the 1.46 installer have the latest satradio.dll in it? Perhaps that fixed it. I'm not at my car right now to identify the timestamp of the file, but I will just to make sure when I get back to it. Althought it seems all is good now with that.

    @David -

    Well, we're pretty much there with the S/PDIF in... I have sound now! Thanks! One issue still though: I only get sound with the Buffer turned ON. I typically keep that turned off. I'm guessing the reason is that I'm getting the sound through the "SPDIF In" of the RECORDING line in Windows. It seems that for it to work with Buffer mode OFF, I'd still need CF to unmute the SPDIF PLAYBACK line.

    Let me know your thoughts on that. For now, it's very nice to have sound on XM finally! Only thing is that Buffer mode really drives up my CPU usage, so I've never used it in the past. Thanks.
    The 1.46 does include the latest update, glad it worked for you...

    does buffer still increase your CPU a lot in the latest release?

    so the SPDIF option properly worked and selected the right recording device, but when using non buffer mode it does not unmute the playback section? I will check, but this code should be in place...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #130
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Wow, quick reply!

    Yes, you are correct. The playback line did not get unmuted in any scenario.

    My CPU usage dropped a little with the latest, but it's still a little higher than I'm comfortable with. And I forgot to mention this before... I need to be in non-buffer mode anyway because my mic is plugged in to that same soundcard, so I don't really have a choice.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
  2. XM = Sirius! Merger Reported
    By lostreception in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 10:53 AM
  3. Got XM to work, then it took a dump
    By DuDs in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
  4. XM Satellite Radio to Unveil XM Advanced Services at 2006 Consumer
    By Will Albers in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM
  5. Sirius vs. XM...? what up Gee?
    By mindscream in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 04:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •