Think I found something, especially should fix any problem with station not changing when list is clicked... Also could clear up some other issues, was a very hard-to-find bug that was very very strange. I still do not understand why it was happening, but it was, and I have made some changes to bypass whatever was going on... Try the new updated version, labeled V1.204, see Post #1 for more details...
Hey dude... Where's your preference for talking about XM issues, here or on FluxMedia.com?
I have everything installed and am ready to help.
First point... where should I be able to find the log you're writing?
I'll pick here... there seems to be more people here watching for XM fixes than over on Flux and visible progress is always a good thing.
Okay, here we go!
First issue... It loads in that the display page shows, and the config objects are there, but it doesn't show any signs of talking to the receiver (Sat and Ter %'s are 0) no channels are listed and (you'll hate this) there's no log.
I'm using the CF.exe and CF.dll from 8/5. The internal Sat Radio module is gone, and I'm confident that I'm configured with the new SatRadio module. I say that 'cause I can change config params and see them change in the module's XML file.
Random points to note...
- This is a fresh install of 1.20 (with the exception of the alternate versions of CF.exe / .dll)
- CF is _NOT_ authorized. I can't get on the corp WiFi from the car, so I'll have to authorize when I get home.
- I've rebooted a couple of times just to be sure.
- This is XMDirect, running on COM1, and it's a real serial port.
- No one else is on COM1.
- If I bring CF 1.14 back up, XM works.
Yeup, I know, "HOW WEIRD!" but that's what you get with me as a tester.
I'm packing up and heading home now, I'll play with it more there.
1) Check the CF Error log for anything (remember, Local Settings directory now with 1.20)...
2) Is there even a folder created c:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Centrafuse\Plugins\SatRadio ? The first thing this plugin should do when it loads is to create the folder, which would not have existed before...
3) Did you give the old cfplugin.dll a different extension, not just a different name? If you leave it .dll, for example you just renamed it as oldcfplugin.dll, it is possible that this is getting loaded before the new cfplugin.dll is...
4) Make sure no other instances of cfplugin.dll are anywhere in the CF install folder on down through the entire installation directory hierarchy...
5) Try removing SatRadio.dll from the Plugins/SatRadio directory, see if you get any changed behaviour when running cf, like the XM button being missing...
I'll keep thinking about it while you can get back to me on the above...
Okay... You'll love this one, it'll be REAL easy to handle.
Did the Authorization, no change. Fiddled and Fuddled and...
...it came right up when I switched to "XMPCR" (I have XMDirect).
There was a similar problem like this before at one point while XM was still in CF. I got the feeling that it may be more of a state variable situation than an absolute. i.e., the UI is out of sync with the code, in that it's not really selecting "XMPCR".
No matter - I'm sure you'll figure it out, and of course the good news is that XM is running.
Now, the BETTER news is that I do believe that SingleClick is fixed. I popped around stations for 10 minutes and it hit them all first time every time. I'll know more tomorrow.
A couple of small downside things, and you may know about them...
- The star is missing from the ALL display to show the stations that you have marked as favorites.
- The title bar is only showing "XM 48" (or which ever channel you're selected) instead of showing the artist/title. But all of the station, artist and title info is correct within the channel list displays.
Lookin' good Scott!
OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! whoops. I totally blew you off saying that the other three times.Originally Posted by Scott
I HATE directories with blanks in them so I always install stuff to my own directories. As such, I thought that you were saying "program files/cf/plugins..." when no, you were actually saying something I needed to pay attention to.
Sorry 'bout that...
And yeup, I'm a Windows coder from way back. I did make sure not to leave the DLL extension 'live".
Also, do you keep power to the XMDirect? It is possible that being set to XMPCR will work if the XMDirect had been set in PCR mode beforehand, only a poweroff to the XMDirect would reset that... Play with that a bit more if you can, see if setting it back to XMDirect in the Settings causes it to not work again...