Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 252

Thread: XM / Sirius Worklog

  1. #11
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall View Post
    Hey Scott;

    I'm still running 1.14 in the car which has been making me pretty happy all this time.

    I wasn't gonna move to 1.20 until I knew that someone was going to look at the XM issues. I didn't even know you were working on it until you posted up in the No song titles on XM thread on the 29th.

    I'll get 1.20 installed in the Bug and load this up for you.


    fwiw, this is my issues list:
    • Activating Buffered Audio for XM causes a major drop in volume. 6db or more.
    • Changing channels in Single Click mode is painful. It usually requires MANY (10+) clicks to get the audio to change. The channel display _does_ change immediately.
    • Channel numbering and Channel names are often confused. e.g., "Boneyard" is shown as the name for channel 82. The artist/title info seems to track correctly with the numbered station.
    • Audio is active only about 50% of the time after hibernate. About 70% of the time when this happens, multiple clicks of the station will bring audio back. The rest of the time requires an EXIT and reload of CF. (reboot is NOT necessary)
    Sounds good, thanks for helpin' out...
    - Scott

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan711 View Post
    once done with the xm side, how long do you think it will take to have a working version of sirius, nothing perfect, just something we can put on our machines and test for you guys.
    Haven't looked deeply into it yet, but I am guessing at least 2-3 weeks, once XM work is done, which I hope to have done within a few weeks for the next CF update...

  3. #13
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Think I found something, especially should fix any problem with station not changing when list is clicked... Also could clear up some other issues, was a very hard-to-find bug that was very very strange. I still do not understand why it was happening, but it was, and I have made some changes to bypass whatever was going on... Try the new updated version, labeled V1.204, see Post #1 for more details...

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    Hey dude... Where's your preference for talking about XM issues, here or on FluxMedia.com?

    I have everything installed and am ready to help.


    First point... where should I be able to find the log you're writing?
    :: Mark

  5. #15
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall View Post
    Hey dude... Where's your preference for talking about XM issues, here or on FluxMedia.com?

    I have everything installed and am ready to help.


    First point... where should I be able to find the log you're writing?
    Excellent, thanks for the quickness to test this.
    As mentioned in my last post on the Flux forums from a few mins ago, take your pick, I will watch both...
    c:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Centrafuse\Plugins\SatRadio\log.txt

    - Scott

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    Excellent!

    I'll pick here... there seems to be more people here watching for XM fixes than over on Flux and visible progress is always a good thing.


    Okay, here we go!

    First issue... It loads in that the display page shows, and the config objects are there, but it doesn't show any signs of talking to the receiver (Sat and Ter %'s are 0) no channels are listed and (you'll hate this) there's no log.

    I'm using the CF.exe and CF.dll from 8/5. The internal Sat Radio module is gone, and I'm confident that I'm configured with the new SatRadio module. I say that 'cause I can change config params and see them change in the module's XML file.

    Random points to note...
    • This is a fresh install of 1.20 (with the exception of the alternate versions of CF.exe / .dll)

    • CF is _NOT_ authorized. I can't get on the corp WiFi from the car, so I'll have to authorize when I get home.

    • I've rebooted a couple of times just to be sure.

    • This is XMDirect, running on COM1, and it's a real serial port.

    • No one else is on COM1.

    • If I bring CF 1.14 back up, XM works.


    Yeup, I know, "HOW WEIRD!" but that's what you get with me as a tester.

    I'm packing up and heading home now, I'll play with it more there.
    :: Mark

  7. #17
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall View Post
    Excellent!

    I'll pick here... there seems to be more people here watching for XM fixes than over on Flux and visible progress is always a good thing.


    Okay, here we go!

    First issue... It loads in that the display page shows, and the config objects are there, but it doesn't show any signs of talking to the receiver (Sat and Ter %'s are 0) no channels are listed and (you'll hate this) there's no log.

    I'm using the CF.exe and CF.dll from 8/5. The internal Sat Radio module is gone, and I'm confident that I'm configured with the new SatRadio module. I say that 'cause I can change config params and see them change in the module's XML file.

    Random points to note...
    • This is a fresh install of 1.20 (with the exception of the alternate versions of CF.exe / .dll)
    • CF is _NOT_ authorized. I can't get on the corp WiFi from the car, so I'll have to authorize when I get home.
    • I've rebooted a couple of times just to be sure.
    • This is XMDirect, running on COM1, and it's a real serial port.
    • No one else is on COM1.
    • If I bring CF 1.14 back up, XM works.
    Yeup, I know, "HOW WEIRD!" but that's what you get with me as a tester.

    I'm packing up and heading home now, I'll play with it more there.
    Hmmm...

    1) Check the CF Error log for anything (remember, Local Settings directory now with 1.20)...

    2) Is there even a folder created c:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Centrafuse\Plugins\SatRadio ? The first thing this plugin should do when it loads is to create the folder, which would not have existed before...

    3) Did you give the old cfplugin.dll a different extension, not just a different name? If you leave it .dll, for example you just renamed it as oldcfplugin.dll, it is possible that this is getting loaded before the new cfplugin.dll is...

    4) Make sure no other instances of cfplugin.dll are anywhere in the CF install folder on down through the entire installation directory hierarchy...

    5) Try removing SatRadio.dll from the Plugins/SatRadio directory, see if you get any changed behaviour when running cf, like the XM button being missing...

    I'll keep thinking about it while you can get back to me on the above...
    Thanks!

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    Okay... You'll love this one, it'll be REAL easy to handle.

    Did the Authorization, no change. Fiddled and Fuddled and...

    ...it came right up when I switched to "XMPCR" (I have XMDirect).

    There was a similar problem like this before at one point while XM was still in CF. I got the feeling that it may be more of a state variable situation than an absolute. i.e., the UI is out of sync with the code, in that it's not really selecting "XMPCR".

    No matter - I'm sure you'll figure it out, and of course the good news is that XM is running.

    Now, the BETTER news is that I do believe that SingleClick is fixed. I popped around stations for 10 minutes and it hit them all first time every time. I'll know more tomorrow.

    A couple of small downside things, and you may know about them...
    • The star is missing from the ALL display to show the stations that you have marked as favorites.

    • The title bar is only showing "XM 48" (or which ever channel you're selected) instead of showing the artist/title. But all of the station, artist and title info is correct within the channel list displays.


    Lookin' good Scott!

    WOOHOO!
    :: Mark

  9. #19
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    side note...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    remember, Local Settings directory now with 1.20
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! whoops. I totally blew you off saying that the other three times.

    I HATE directories with blanks in them so I always install stuff to my own directories. As such, I thought that you were saying "program files/cf/plugins..." when no, you were actually saying something I needed to pay attention to.

    Sorry 'bout that...


    And yeup, I'm a Windows coder from way back. I did make sure not to leave the DLL extension 'live".
    :: Mark

  10. #20
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall View Post
    side note...



    OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! whoops. I totally blew you off saying that the other three times.

    I HATE directories with blanks in them so I always install stuff to my own directories. As such, I thought that you were saying "program files/cf/plugins..." when no, you were actually saying something I needed to pay attention to.

    Sorry 'bout that...


    And yeup, I'm a Windows coder from way back. I did make sure not to leave the DLL extension 'live".
    Just to make sure, the log file is being created? Also, having to select the XMPCR is pretty weird, I can't see anything here. Let's see if it still behaves like that when I put out the next release, which should be tomorrow or Thursday with Sirius support started...

    EDIT:
    Also, do you keep power to the XMDirect? It is possible that being set to XMPCR will work if the XMDirect had been set in PCR mode beforehand, only a poweroff to the XMDirect would reset that... Play with that a bit more if you can, see if setting it back to XMDirect in the Settings causes it to not work again...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
  2. XM = Sirius! Merger Reported
    By lostreception in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
  3. Got XM to work, then it took a dump
    By DuDs in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 05:42 PM
  4. XM Satellite Radio to Unveil XM Advanced Services at 2006 Consumer
    By Will Albers in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
  5. Sirius vs. XM...? what up Gee?
    By mindscream in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 03:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •