Does anyone know what the minimum/recommended system requirements are? The manual shows the recommended to be the same as v1.2 which is: 1ghz and 512MB RAM but when I run it on a computer with those exact specs, it doesn't work (totally frozen with CPU chugging away).
Centrafuse 2.0 RC2
Centrafuse 2.0 RC2 is here, please visit our downloads page to download:
This release is being provided as a FREE update to Centrafuse 1.20+ and 2.0RC1. Unless you have XLE, we recommend that you uninstall all previous version of Centrafuse and all previous plugin installs before installing 2.0 RC1. However, you may run the install over your existing installation to keep your maps, settings and current configuration intact. To perform a so called "fresh" install, for now, it can be done using the following steps:
UPGRADING YOUR EXISTING LICENSE KEY
To upgrade your 1.20 license to a 2.0 license, visit your My Account page. If you do not see your license key on your My Account, please contact Support.
From the My Account page, click the UPGRADE KEY link below to produce your new 2.0 license key. To install the Release Candidate for 2.0, download and install directly over your current 1.20 version. If you have the XLE version installed, the 2.0 installer will recognize this and leave your maps and settings intact.
Centrafuse 2.0 RC2 is a 2nd release candidate, and contains many bug fixes to RC1, but it is still not considered a stable release. It should be expected that there will be issues surfacing on various systems. With the help of users, we will be working to resolve these issues quickly and hope to be able to provide updates weekly or bi-weekly.
PERFORMING AN UPGRADE OF 2.0 RC1
The RC2 installer will work in update mode, meaning you can simply install on top of your existing RC1 installation without issue. It is also of course a full installer and can be installed without previous versions of Centrafuse on the system.
PERFORMING A "FRESH" INSTALL FOR XLE/NAV Customers
1. Remove all version CF, Bluesoleil, CF settings from LocalAppData, Reboot Windows
2. Install CF 1.20
3. Copy (or Move) all Map Directories from CF runtime folder to another location on your hard drive
4. Uninstall CF 1.20, remove CF settings from LocalAppData, Reboot Windows
5. Install CF 2.0 RC2
6. Copy (or Move) the map directories back to the CF runtime folder
7. All done, fresh 2.0 RC2 install, with maps
USB BLUETOOTH DONGLE ISSUES
If you are experiencing difficulty with our Bluesoleil stack and it recognizing your BT device, please see the below link to add support for your dongle. You must follow all instructions carefully, if you do do your dongle will most likely end up working (no guarantees though :-))
* This version is a 2nd release candidate, and contains many bug fixes, but it is still not considered a stable release. It should be expected that there will be issues surfacing on various systems. With the help of users, we will be working to resolve these issues quickly and hope to be able to provide updates weekly or bi-weekly.
* This version includes a Bluetooth Stack, and it is recommended/required that you remove all other bluetooth stacks/software/drivers from Windows before installing Centrafuse (if you will be using Centrafuse Phone feature). As with most driver installs for a USB device, your USB bluetooth dongle should NOT be inserted before CF Bluetooth is installed. So, remove your bt hardware, uninstall any existing bt drivers/stacks, install CF, then re-insert your bt hardware.
* All 3rd-party plugins used with CF 1.47 and earlier should reference the new cfplugin.dll and be recompiled under .NET 2.0
* Settings in 2.0 are now defaulted to show the Basic Settings mode. Advanced Settings can be enabled in 2 ways.
To enable Advanced Settings temporarily, hold down the "+" button in the Main Settings Screen for 6 seconds.
To permanently enable Advanced Settings, similar to older version of CF, pass the -advsettings command line option when starting Centrafuse.
* Each settings group that used to hold a Line-In value and had Buffer functionality will now hold a Record-Line-In value and a Playback-Line-In value, which will work with Buffer On, and Buffer Off, respectively.
* Basic Event Logging has been added to better help us diagnose user issues. Event Logging can be enabled in General Settings (an advanced setting), or can be enabled by passing the -logevents command line option when starting Centrafuse. Function specific logs are also created for things like OBDII, Phone, and SatelliteRadio, these can all be enabled within their respective settings screens. New in 2.0 RC2, you can "Create System Report" from Advanced Settings that will package up all these log files for you.
* The Bluetooth stack provided with RC1 is a trial version and currently has a 5 MB transfer limit. If after a few phone calls the Bluetooth stops working, you will need to restart your PC to re-initialize the Bluetooth driver. This is only a limitation of the BlueSoleil trial edition within this Release Candidate and will not have this limitation when officially released.
* Some tips to follow on pairing your phone if things are not seeming to work for you:
1. Delete the pairings from both your phone and Centrafuse (in CF just go into phone settings / device list and click the '-' button.
2. Give your phone a power cycle, and give Centrafuse an exit and a restart.
3. Re-pair your phone and CF, try initiating the pair from your phone, not from Centrafuse. Or on another try, initiate the pair from Centrafuse, but type in incorrect pincodes the 1st time to make pairing fail. Then click 'PAIR' button again, and go ahead and type in matching pincodes to create pair.
4. Save out of settings. See if this makes any difference.
NEW NAVIGATION UPDATES
* Faster map refresh rate, much smoother
* TMC (in Beta, requires D6 supported TMC receiver such as GNS 9833)
* Touchscreen friendly map menu when touching the map
* Added "add to favorite" to touchscreen friendly map menu when touching map, auto loads to add favorite to specific folder
* Added ability to show favorite folders on the map by using hide/show button in favorites section of navigation, this auto sets up alerts at 500m and then another at 100m
OTHER NEW FEATURES SINCE 2.0 RC1
* New option in settings "Create System Report" to package up all CF logs into 1 file, to help in debugging user issues
* Option to save system logs to USB device when created
* Updated Nav engine with 2x faster graphic updates
BUG FIXES FROM 2.0 RC1
* Weather Plugin not working
* Volume/Balance issues
* License Reactivation issues
* Radio does not work on resume
* Improper message displayed when BsSDK.dll not found
* Main Title Paint problem
* Mixer sliders going off-screen
* Silabs/Adsinstantfm not functioning whatsoever
* Infill Plugin not working in new 2.0RC1
* Radio settings shows 'Graphics' as the title.
* HD Radio will not initialize
* Missing Translations
* DVD does not work in 2.0
* HD/Pictures switching causes issue in media
* Loading Pictures Single-Click Issue
* Xheo Licensing issues
* Skin always says Aura in settings
* Cant select COM port for HD radio
* Normalization option doesnt save
* Dim settings are not being reset when exiting CF
* Can't make calls from Contacts List
* Cannot set Music Sound Device
* ATT mute not working correctly
* Title scroll options in wrong setup section
* Music will not pause or show in playlist after Artist browse
* CF Shortcut not correct after install
* Bug selecting song in Music then exiting
* Voice Rec does not work when music is pauses
* WiFi setup is missing label for 'Refresh Networks Interval'
* Closing CF when running as shell is not loading Explorer
* Gestures messing up being able to move map around in nav
* Vista icon / start button on Vista doesnt hide with taskbar
* voice command next track doesnt switch the track
* Volume reading not precise on volume popup
* After return from hibernate, radio playback line will not unmute
* Shutdown and Restart options do not work on cf exit
* Phone does not re-connect after standby
* Position text shows -00-01 when CF starts w/o music
* Gestures on visulisations don't work, disable gestures on visuals
* DVD Menu display issue
* XM audio does not unmute after Nav Voice Prompt
* Favorites not being saved
* Graphics resolution text displayed off on screen
* location settings in Weather do not save
* Phone volume way off
* Music resumes after phone call when it shouldn't
* Issue loading and playing videos
* Sirius Channel List will not completely refresh
NEW FEATURES SINCE 1.47
* Uses .NET 2.0 Framework
* Integrated Phone and Bluetooth stack, more info available soon in Phone sub-forum
* EQ has been updated with common frequencies
* Improved mixer and soundcard control
* Added control to use the mixer with multiple soundcards to control multiple zones from one mixer
* Click Level button in Mixer to list and select sound cards to control
* Volume Control improved for XP and full support for Vista
* Gestures (customizable)
* iPod integration (iTunes NOT required)
* HD Radio Support (using MJS adapter)
* Touch-anywhere to scroll in Web browser
* Double-tap for full screen in Web browser
* Push-to-talk voice recognition
* License key de-activation
* New Settings modes, Basic/Advanced
* Media import when inserting USB stick
* Direct buttons to Music, Videos, and Pictures on Main Screen
* Touch the current playing track to return to Media Player
* Remembers Play/Pause state of media player when exiting
* Basic event logging to help track down specific user issues - defaults to Off
* Smooth Main Title Scrolling - defaults to Off (CPU intensive)
* Enhanced Graphics mode - defaults to Off (slightly CPU intensive)
* Select input soundcard for voice control
* Open email attachments with external applications
BUG FIXES FROM 1.47
* CD and USB playlist counts are off after system resume
* Remembers song list position when scrolling list when song changes
* DVD and/or USB audio stick starts when resuming from standby/hibernation
* Satellite Radio does not resume after hibernation
* Main Title does not update when listening to SatRadio
* Buffer play/pause out of sync with play/pause button
* "MP3" sub-title not displaying
* Playlist last played song not reloading
* SSL sites work in Centrafuse browser
* COM ports not showing up in settings
* Web Browser Loading displays when browser is not visible
* Audio doesn't resume after deleting mail
* Gestures should be adjusted or disabled in the mixer
* Text emails are not displayed properly
David and the Flux team!
There has been a report that when installing over your current RC1 installation, the navigation update does not properly work. If this happens you will need to uninstall RC1 and then install RC2...
this will still keep your settings when you uninstall RC1, your settings are not removed and will work in RC2 after it is installed...
Other users have said that installing RC1 breaks Streetdeck, requiring a Windows reinstall (unless you made a system restore point).
Has that been fixed in RC2? I want to try it on my Infill G4, but I don't want it to break Streetdeck (I want to have both installed at once).
there was nothing we added to cause this...
major changes that could be the reason, possibly...
we install the .NET Framework 2.0, this could break Streetdeck...
we include and install our latest Infill objects from Maxan for our build onto the system, but that shouldn't cause an issue...
we install Bluetooth software that Streetdeck might have issues with...
you should send debug information to Streetdeck to see why there software is not loading...
I just uninstalled RC1 and installed RC2 and my system now hangs at the "initializing audio" stage. I did not have this problem with RC1. Any ideas?
Try uninstalling everything, and installing a clean copy of RC2. The upgrade, (installing RC2 on top of RC1), is being reported as not working...
Originally Posted by MyPetFly
EDIT: Just re-read your post, u installed a clean copy of rc2 and it hangs even after that? Make sure to delete your ProgramFiles/FluxMedia directory after uninstall, and as well, delete your [localappdata]/Centrafuse directory, then try installing RC2 again. If issue still persists, manually change the <LOGEVENTS> value in the config.xml file, to "True", reproduce issue, and post your centrafuse.log and error.log files.
Originally Posted by veetid
Yeah... except SD no longer responds to their customers, and ignores bug reports.
I guess I'll just backup the car PC and see how it works.
Question. Am I missing something or is there just no info on the HD radio screen as in artists, song and Radio Station info? This info can be found on other frontends HD screens so am I missing something or is it just not there?
click the "i" button in the bottom right of Radio to turn on RDS and you should see artist information...
Originally Posted by mnickolson