Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: So I finally tried out Centrafuse 3.1...

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302

    So I finally tried out Centrafuse 3.1...

    First off the features sound amazing, so I had to give it a shot.

    Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with 3.1. I could not get Bluetooth to work correctly no matter what I tried, I did exactly as stated. I did the initial bluetooth install when it asked me, when i clicked phone within CF it said something like "no bluetooth found", fair enough, I headed over to the forums. I noticed a couple threads about this, now I heard a couple ppl say they were running win7 64bit like me, and they were told to install the drivers from the companies site, which I did after signing up to download them. I restart, CF loads and still no bluetooth found. (Yes it was enabled). So my main reason for going to CF is not working.

    Now my biggest issue with CF...Support is HORRIBLE. I am sorry, I went to the forums and whenever you post it says your post must be approved by a mod, Which was ok with me, I tried posting 3 different help posts (all different subjects) I even made a 4th post trying to help someone with a playlist question he had. Well 2 weeks later NONE of my posted were reviewed/approved or posted.

    So in the end I just uninstalled.

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by meth68 View Post
    First off the features sound amazing, so I had to give it a shot.

    Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with 3.1. I could not get Bluetooth to work correctly no matter what I tried, I did exactly as stated. I did the initial bluetooth install when it asked me, when i clicked phone within CF it said something like "no bluetooth found", fair enough, I headed over to the forums. I noticed a couple threads about this, now I heard a couple ppl say they were running win7 64bit like me, and they were told to install the drivers from the companies site, which I did after signing up to download them. I restart, CF loads and still no bluetooth found. (Yes it was enabled). So my main reason for going to CF is not working.

    Now my biggest issue with CF...Support is HORRIBLE. I am sorry, I went to the forums and whenever you post it says your post must be approved by a mod, Which was ok with me, I tried posting 3 different help posts (all different subjects) I even made a 4th post trying to help someone with a playlist question he had. Well 2 weeks later NONE of my posted were reviewed/approved or posted.

    So in the end I just uninstalled.
    Out of curiosity, which forums/threads did you post in? I did a quick search and couldn't actually find any posts by you under the meth68 login. That could be just a problem with the search engine though, or did you use a different login?

    Cheers!

    VegasGuy

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGuy View Post
    Out of curiosity, which forums/threads did you post in? I did a quick search and couldn't actually find any posts by you under the meth68 login. That could be just a problem with the search engine though, or did you use a different login?

    Cheers!

    VegasGuy

    I used this same username, that is my issue. After I try to post it goes to a screen that says a moderator must approve my reply prior to it being posted. None of the the posts were ever reviewed or passed by mods i guess because 0 of 4 actually got posted. Thats rather annoying.. It was in the support forum

  4. #4
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by meth68 View Post
    First off the features sound amazing, so I had to give it a shot.

    Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with 3.1. I could not get Bluetooth to work correctly no matter what I tried, I did exactly as stated. I did the initial bluetooth install when it asked me, when i clicked phone within CF it said something like "no bluetooth found", fair enough, I headed over to the forums. I noticed a couple threads about this, now I heard a couple ppl say they were running win7 64bit like me, and they were told to install the drivers from the companies site, which I did after signing up to download them. I restart, CF loads and still no bluetooth found. (Yes it was enabled). So my main reason for going to CF is not working.
    Could be that your bluetooth dongle is not compatiable. I would go for the one from Mo-Co-So. Here is a link. http://www.mo-co-so.com/USB-Bluetoot...cs-usb-btd.htm This one is 100% compatiable. I use to have a Kensington dongle and had a lot of the same issues. Once I bought the dongle I linked to, all the issues went away.

    Now my biggest issue with CF...Support is HORRIBLE. I am sorry, I went to the forums and whenever you post it says your post must be approved by a mod, Which was ok with me, I tried posting 3 different help posts (all different subjects) I even made a 4th post trying to help someone with a playlist question he had. Well 2 weeks later NONE of my posted were reviewed/approved or posted.

    So in the end I just uninstalled.
    Yea, Flux is a very small company so they have OEM vendors they have to cater to first before us. It sucks, but what can you do. They do not frequent the forums like they used to. You may want to use the support email, they usually answer quite fast. Since they monitor their emails very well. Usually within a business day.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Could be that your bluetooth dongle is not compatiable. I would go for the one from Mo-Co-So. Here is a link. http://www.mo-co-so.com/USB-Bluetoot...cs-usb-btd.htm This one is 100% compatiable. I use to have a Kensington dongle and had a lot of the same issues. Once I bought the dongle I linked to, all the issues went away.



    Yea, Flux is a very small company so they have OEM vendors they have to cater to first before us. It sucks, but what can you do. They do not frequent the forums like they used to. You may want to use the support email, they usually answer quite fast. Since they monitor their emails very well. Usually within a business day.
    Thanks for your replies.

    I installed it on my new sony viao laptop that has builtin bluetooth...

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate 1996C1500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    125
    Does the built in BT on your laptop work with CF3? I still cant get mine to work in 3.1 with win 7x64. I installed the software from the bluesoil website and now it recognizes the bluetooth adapter, but it won't find my phone or any other BT device. Before with win xp 32, and CF2, it worked flawlessly....

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1

    Regarding bluteooth

    Hey guys,

    So the bluetooth software Centrafuse comes bundled with is called BlueSoleil. It's a great piece of software, but unfortunately is incompatible with most built in bluetooth devices. I've done some looking and theres really no fix. Sorry I don't have better news.

    If you do plan to try a dongle, do some searching for BlueSoleil compatible dongles before you buy.

    Hope this helps
    spamftw

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate Spawn12336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    256
    If the dongle/hardware isn't "compatible" meaning that Bluesoleil doesn't recognize it, there are ways around that. You can manually it to the driver so that it will work. The steps are here http://forums.fluxmedia.net/faq-freq...html#post69875

    With luck that works for you.
    "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

  9. #9
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    The comapitible BT dongle I linked to is only 7.99! Its easier then going through the headaches of getting the onboard to work.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Similar Threads

  1. Centrafuse 1.42 Update
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
  2. New Release Centrafuse 1.20
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
  3. Centrafuse 1.30 Beta Update and Infill Support
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
  4. Sound Quality In Centrafuse
    By thenick100 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
  5. Centrafuse Launcher (Fixes Map Movement)
    By Ninja Monkey in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •