Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: CF 3.1 too slow on EPIA M10000

  1. #11
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,237
    Blog Entries
    1
    With the M10000, the hard drive isnt your bottleneck. The bottleneck is the weak 1.0ghz Via C3 processor, which is probably only slightly faster than a Pentium 3 500mhz. Dont waste your money on an SSD just yet, it's the motherboard that requires the update and not the hard drive.

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate locs4dayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by nobb View Post
    With the M10000, the hard drive isnt your bottleneck. The bottleneck is the weak 1.0ghz Via C3 processor, which is probably only slightly faster than a Pentium 3 500mhz. Dont waste your money on an SSD just yet, it's the motherboard that requires the update and not the hard drive.

    Thanks for the advice.
    Linux(Learning the curve...Like when driving!!!)
    Worklog!!!http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...l-worklog.html

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate m2x0p9x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    332
    Well after a few more days running Centrafuse 2.0, it was running slow when I had iGuidance navigating at the same time music was going. By chance I came across an Intel D945GCLF with 2GB of ram on ebay for $31, lol, ebay. Ill see how the atom handles CF. Hopefully its fast enough for 3.1, a step up from the m10000 at least.

  4. #14
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    The VIA M10000 is just too slow to run anything. I remember when I had mine it was a nightmare. The board gave me so many issues that I eventually gave it away. Anything is better then the VIA M10000. Is the D945GCLF single core or dual core?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate m2x0p9x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    332
    Single core. Just got in the mail yesterday. Got a new sata hard drive as well, was using a laptop ide before. For some reason the board was having problems with it. Just waiting on the new drive to get here. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

  6. #16
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    The VIA M10000 is just too slow to run anything. I remember when I had mine it was a nightmare. The board gave me so many issues that I eventually gave it away. Anything is better then the VIA M10000. Is the D945GCLF single core or dual core?
    Mine ran LinuxICE like a champ. But to your point, the reason why I did LinuxICE in the first place is because Windows and CF completely blew on that machine (actually it was a m6000, but nearly the same deal).
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  7. #17
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    that board is nearly 8 years old, its not gonna run CF. I'd be impressed if it ran RR smoothly with no lag. EPIA made some cash way back in the days cause they were the first to sell the ITX boards.. but looking back... they were ALLLL crap lol.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #18
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by tripzero View Post
    Mine ran LinuxICE like a champ. But to your point, the reason why I did LinuxICE in the first place is because Windows and CF completely blew on that machine (actually it was a m6000, but nearly the same deal).
    At the time when I had this board, I wasnt using CF, so stop hating on it. I was actually using all Windows components to run everything. Yea LinuxICE most likely ran fast as h3ll, but I dont know LinuxICE so I have to stick with what I know. Its the same with a lot of other people!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    that board is nearly 8 years old, its not gonna run CF. I'd be impressed if it ran RR smoothly with no lag. EPIA made some cash way back in the days cause they were the first to sell the ITX boards.. but looking back... they were ALLLL crap lol.
    Yup, agree 100!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate m2x0p9x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    332
    Can't really say the board was crap. Yea the board is outdated but my M10000 ran flawless. Never had cold start, blue screen, or skipped a beat. CF 1.2 ran smooth on it. But you are right that it can't run CF 3, impossible. But I would rather have no carpc than run roadrunner, lol.

  10. #20
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by m2x0p9x View Post
    Can't really say the board was crap. Yea the board is outdated but my M10000 ran flawless. Never had cold start, blue screen, or skipped a beat. CF 1.2 ran smooth on it. But you are right that it can't run CF 3, impossible. But I would rather have no carpc than run roadrunner, lol.
    I would just invest in a decent little board. I bought a Zotac 610i, which is a bit bigger then a mITX board for $44.00. Then I bought a used E8200 C2D for $119.00. The RAM was $73.00 (4 GB), and the HDD was $11.00. The setup is extremely powerful and runs circles around my past Car PC units. So you can go cheap, you just gotta go with names you can trust. I spent a total of $247.00 for the base system. I use this for emulating 6 computers so I had to also add a PCI graphics card ($38.00) and 4 USB graphics adapters $251.00, and 5 USB soundcards ($20.00). Even then, thats pretty cheap, brings the setup to $556.00. Just post up a MoBo your looking at and we can give you advice (All though I am kinda biased and choose nothing but Zotac).
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
  2. Question about M10000 boot times - very slow..
    By kingvitamin in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 04:53 PM
  3. FS: EPIA M10000 Mobo & 512Mb PC133 SDRAM (Brand-New).
    By buildfromscratc in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:32 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 09:52 PM
  5. v10000 epia vs m10000 epia
    By traitorhound in forum Newbie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 09:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •