Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Centrafuse 4 aagh!!!!!

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate kegobeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    627
    People switch all the time. I switched to RR for a while, and I ended up back with CF for a lot of different reasons. I've noticed quite a few people migrate back to CF after trying the other apps out there. It's all about what works for you. If CF works, use it. If it doesn't, move on to something else.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

  2. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cairns, Aus
    Posts
    28
    I had a look at RR but the interface on cf is so much cleaner... if i'm going to have a professional looking setup with my screen then I don't want to ruin it with RR.... Think i have most of it soughted now, guess the initial setup of any frnt end you choose is a headache...

    Is centrafuse 4 better, i notice a lot of people still have 3.6 ??

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate kegobeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    627
    4.0 was just released, and the upgrade isn't free. That's why you don't see a lot of people with 4.0. It has bug fixes and a few new things, but honestly you can live without it right now. You can always download the trial and install it on another pc to see if you like it.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by 94Stato View Post
    I had a look at RR but the interface on cf is so much cleaner... if i'm going to have a professional looking setup with my screen then I don't want to ruin it with RR.... Think i have most of it soughted now, guess the initial setup of any frnt end you choose is a headache...

    Is centrafuse 4 better, i notice a lot of people still have 3.6 ??

    I see statements similar to this about Centrafuse (and other software) and it always makes me wonder what "a lot" is, and how they got to that amount. In the case of Centrafuse, that statement is only valid if you actually know how many people use Centrafuse and what the breakout is for the versions.

    So let's get some perspective. If, for the sake of arguement, there are 1000 registered CF users and 10 of them complain about CF4.0, is that a lot? Does the 1% that chooses to express their dissatisfaction outweigh the 99% that don't?

    VegasGuy

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cairns, Aus
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGuy View Post
    I see statements similar to this about Centrafuse (and other software) and it always makes me wonder what "a lot" is, and how they got to that amount. In the case of Centrafuse, that statement is only valid if you actually know how many people use Centrafuse and what the breakout is for the versions.

    So let's get some perspective. If, for the sake of arguement, there are 1000 registered CF users and 10 of them complain about CF4.0, is that a lot? Does the 1% that chooses to express their dissatisfaction outweigh the 99% that don't?

    VegasGuy
    wow I didnt really mean it that seriously bro lol... just have seen quite a few people with 3.6 thats all....
    Made me wonder why...
    I've just bought CF4.0 and was not sure how long 4.0 has been out so that explains it kegobeer... Cheers!!

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by 94Stato View Post
    wow I didnt really mean it that seriously bro lol... just have seen quite a few people with 3.6 thats all....
    Made me wonder why...
    I've just bought CF4.0 and was not sure how long 4.0 has been out so that explains it kegobeer... Cheers!!
    Sorry about that, I didn't mean to sound like I was pickin' on you.

    Cheers!

    VegasGuy

  7. #17
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    65
    i switched from cf3.6 to RR because i'm not willing to pay for a bugfix release and the new features are not that useful for me to spend 50€. of course RR takes much more time to configure - it's an never ending project. and while carpc is a hobby of me, i need the ability to configure every piece of software to fit to my needs. just a few things i pointed out:

    - RR has much more features regarding speech recognition
    - it runs much faster on slower hardware like intel atom boards (even better than cf2.0)
    - skinning and adepting plugins to another skin is more easy (at least for me)
    - bluetooth connection works better (at least for me again)
    - adjusting font sizes, colors and positions is done in a second by editing skin files

    sorry for my english!

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
    4.0 was just released, and the upgrade isn't free. That's why you don't see a lot of people with 4.0. It has bug fixes and a few new things, but honestly you can live without it right now. You can always download the trial and install it on another pc to see if you like it.
    it has bug fixes and adds a lott of bugs more then they did fix

  9. #19
    Maximum Bitrate kegobeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by nelissen View Post
    it has bug fixes and adds a lott of bugs more then they did fix
    Define "a lott [sic] of bugs more". Unless you have access to the number of bugs fixed and the number of new bugs...
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

  10. #20
    Newbie JohnnyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    QuadCities, IA
    Posts
    25
    I don't know why kegobeer is fighting so hard for CF. All of the post you have that I see on the CF complaints are you sticking up for them? Why? What have they done to deserve such respect? CF has been out for a long time and I for one am not impressed at all with their progress. If a product is going to cost me money than at least make the program work. I love the layout and the way CF functions but the market, navigation, and add on apps are crap. Developers can not keep up with these releases and CF seems to be to lazy to include good apps of their own, the market place is a desert of old useless apps. Why would you release a new pay for version when it doe not offer anything worth a damn. How many people are going to even use CF connect? And why did they stop including all the extra install stuff with the application, they don't even tell you that in order for your library to work you will need SQLCE 3.5. It just seems like over the years CF users and the bugs have been ignored. It continues to get bloated and slower. I wish they would spend some not worrying about releasing new versions and new features and just deal with the core problems people are having. Is it to much to ask for a front end that is fast, bluetooth works, and has good navigation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 09:52 AM
  2. Centrafuse 2.0 RC3
    By smeesseman in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:29 PM
  3. Centrafuse 1.12
    By filjoa in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
  4. Can You Buy Centrafuse?
    By corradokng in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
  5. Centrafuse 1.1
    By hodula1 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •