Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: on screen keyboard

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Frankino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    659

    on screen keyboard

    it whould be nice having an on screen keyboard available when I need to input a destination on my gps, how you guys fill the text box in the gps application?

    p.s. I use MapSonic , don't know if other GPS sw has an embedded osk, in case let me know

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Jersey/NY
    Posts
    436
    dunno bout mapsonic, but destinator, copilot, and routis/iguidance all have osk's.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Frankino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    659
    wow
    gonna change gps software
    thank you

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    749

    Windows XP On-Screen Keyboard

    There's always the built-in OSK that comes with Windows XP.

    Go to the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, Accessability, and On-Screen Keyboard.

    It's pretty basic, but allows you to enter pretty much any text into any windows program.

    It'll run in the foreground with the program active in the background, so you just hit the keys to type.

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate Skipjacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano
    There's always the built-in OSK that comes with Windows XP.

    Go to the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, Accessability, and On-Screen Keyboard.

    It's pretty basic, but allows you to enter pretty much any text into any windows program.

    It'll run in the foreground with the program active in the background, so you just hit the keys to type.
    Is there a way to make the WinXP OSK bigger?

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate Frankino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano
    There's always the built-in OSK that comes with Windows XP
    yes but I don't wont to have it always on top and in a touchscreen enviroment how am I supposed to lauch/hide it when I need? I was thinking about a small telephone-like keyboard with three letters for each button
    Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

    Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
    Celeron 1.2ghz
    256mb DDR-2 533
    80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
    Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
    M2-ATX
    8" Lilliput TS LCD

    100% installed and working :D

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate Skipjacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankino
    yes but I don't wont to have it always on top and in a touchscreen enviroment how am I supposed to lauch/hide it when I need? I was thinking about a small telephone-like keyboard with three letters for each button
    have it run minimized at start up and sit on the task bar until you need it.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankino
    yes but I don't wont to have it always on top and in a touchscreen enviroment how am I supposed to lauch/hide it when I need? I was thinking about a small telephone-like keyboard with three letters for each button
    I made a small Alt-Tabbing application that would help with that.
    Alt-Tab program for the touchscreen

    Hope that helps.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate Frankino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    659
    Thank you, just tried the program
    I've got a problem, when I switch between the screens of centrafuse alttabber goes to background and I can't see the square
    another problem, seems to me that the trasparency doesn't work, if I set 0 the button neither appear not function, if I set 0.1 it is the same as 0.9
    I'd like to make it totally hidden, maybe even when I click on it
    Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

    Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
    Celeron 1.2ghz
    256mb DDR-2 533
    80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
    Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
    M2-ATX
    8" Lilliput TS LCD

    100% installed and working :D

  10. #10
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankino
    Thank you, just tried the program
    I've got a problem, when I switch between the screens of centrafuse alttabber goes to background and I can't see the square
    another problem, seems to me that the trasparency doesn't work, if I set 0 the button neither appear not function, if I set 0.1 it is the same as 0.9
    I'd like to make it totally hidden, maybe even when I click on it
    Do you have the .NET Framework installed on your computer? Just tested it out again and it seems to work fine. That did make me aware of one problem though. It turns out that the opacity levels have to be between .01 and 1.00. Not 0.00 and 1.00 like I originally said. If you set the opacity to .01 it will be completely invisible.
    I'll test it out with centrifuse today. Oh and FYI, if you change the opacity after AltTabber is already open it won't change. AltTabber loads in the opacity level at startup. So that may be the reason why you didn't see a differance between .1 and .9. Try closing the program in between changing levels.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frequently Asked Questions
    By bgoodman in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 07:25 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 08:29 AM
  3. lillyput--all hype?----long review
    By liquid_smoke in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 11:44 AM
  4. keyboard on screen
    By helmuteke in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. X-MP3Pad: Beta testers needed... Please read!
    By PorscheMP3 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2002, 12:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •