Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CF stop keys working ?

  1. #1
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512

    CF stop keys working ?

    ok.. I know this might sound funny, but honest it did happen, not just once either. I started up CF and then someone popped on msn for a chat, its then I noticed my D and U keys had stopped working.. can anyone else try this ?

    cheers

    CdR

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Do you have D or U setup in your hotkey.xml file? I register those as global hotkey's, so if you have D or U setup as a hotkey, then that might be it. The reason I made them global hotkey's is because I want them to work even when CENTRAFUSE isn't the in-focus app.

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    I have no idea m8 whats set, I just installed it to see what its like embedding my d3 frontend.. lol I guess if there global hotkeys then yep. lol thought I was going mad. As for whats it like.. your window is just a tad to small.. 640-480 (using 800 stretched skin) would be nice.. any pointers if the app size window can be changed.. I was going to look in the xml file, but something came up.. (well not quite true, my memory span is somewhat knacked at the mo. I can find myself opening explorer to search for something and in the time it takes to open I have clean forgot what i'm searching for.. lol)

    anyway cheers keep it up

    CdR

  4. #4
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    cdrskull: My new skin is going to make things bigger and I plan to make it in many more resolutions. The default hotkeys shouldn't have made your keys not work... I will look into this, might be a bug somewhere...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    440
    I've also experienced this - when trying to get the steering wheel controls to map to CF hotkeys. The ibus key sender seems to be working correctly, but the key actions that it's sending don't affect CF. I changed the hotkeys.xml file to have "RIGHT" to control skipping to next track, and this key will do that (no matter what app has focus), but when ibuscomm tries to send "RIGHT" (or CTRL-ALT-RIGHT, etc.) it has no effect on CF. I know I have the right window name, because I see the ibus comm window in the task bar appear when I start CF. Any ideas why an external app like Ibuscomm can't send key signals to CF?

  6. #6
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    cdrskull: My new skin is going to make things bigger and I plan to make it in many more resolutions. The default hotkeys shouldn't have made your keys not work... I will look into this, might be a bug somewhere...

    david
    Sorry to go off topic, but are the skins going to change? What's going to be bigger? Some buttons, or?
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  7. #7
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    Sorry to go off topic, but are the skins going to change? What's going to be bigger? Some buttons, or?
    this thread is about 7 months old... I was talking about 1.3.... which runs in multiple resolutions and has bigger buttons...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  8. #8
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark
    I've also experienced this - when trying to get the steering wheel controls to map to CF hotkeys. The ibus key sender seems to be working correctly, but the key actions that it's sending don't affect CF. I changed the hotkeys.xml file to have "RIGHT" to control skipping to next track, and this key will do that (no matter what app has focus), but when ibuscomm tries to send "RIGHT" (or CTRL-ALT-RIGHT, etc.) it has no effect on CF. I know I have the right window name, because I see the ibus comm window in the task bar appear when I start CF. Any ideas why an external app like Ibuscomm can't send key signals to CF?
    not sure but when I setup my PowerMate to send hot keys it works fine... I have also setup remote controls with girder to send hotkeys and that works too... I have never used the ibus software you are talking about...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

Similar Threads

  1. Flash card bootable drive?
    By The Durango Kid in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 08:20 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 07:47 AM
  3. XP Pro on CF card working!!
    By knubile in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
  4. Flash OS
    By BiohazrD in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 08:57 AM
  5. XP on CF II Drive
    By NOS TANG in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •