Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: cool visualasation option

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679

    cool visualasation option

    Since the visuals are basically " .scr " ( screensavers ) .

    I setup my win xp screensavers as " My Pictures Slideshow " and selected my directory with hot looking Asian Grid Girls. I then copied the ".scr" file to the visuals directory under Centrafuse and then selected it from the options.
    It works great !!! and technically cannot be " Motion video " where the police could write a ticket. A single touch on the screen or any mouse movement gets rid of visual ...

    Just a note for anyone that may be interested .


    Don

  2. #2
    Jesus Freak antimatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,545
    haha

    Now way...thats cool
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

  3. #3
    Raw Wave tj!2k4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,294
    That's funny.. lol

    I believe you can use any executable file for the vis, so long as it resides within the visualization directory. Once I find a decent rearview cam app, i'll use it for that..

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by tj!2k4
    That's funny.. lol

    I believe you can use any executable file for the vis, so long as it resides within the visualization directory. Once I find a decent rearview cam app, i'll use it for that..

    I'm going to just hookup my rearview camera to one of the secondary inputs to the lilliput. This way, I just have to hit the button on the monitor ( PC/AV button) .

    If any EXE works, maybe a ODBII application. This way it doesn't have to be coded into Centrafuse. It can be accessed from the visual button. It won't help me cuz my car(s) do/wont have ODBII, they have Bosch Motronic systems.

  5. #5
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 944 LA
    If any EXE works, maybe a ODBII application. This way it doesn't have to be coded into Centrafuse. It can be accessed from the visual button. It won't help me cuz my car(s) do/wont have ODBII, they have Bosch Motronic systems.
    Does OBDII really know that you're in reverse and not in drive? That would be more the responsibility of the tranny ECU.

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Does OBDII really know that you're in reverse and not in drive? That would be more the responsibility of the tranny ECU.

    LOL

    the EXE coment had nothing to do with the reverse camera comment.

    and I do believe that the ODBII knows if you are in reverse.

  7. #7
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 944 LA
    LOL

    the EXE coment had nothing to do with the reverse camera comment.

    and I do believe that the ODBII knows if you are in reverse.
    Oh...

    I'd get a second opinion about if OBD knows that you are in reverse. The tranny ECU IS connected to the main ECU though.

  8. #8
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    You can't get whether your in reverse directly from any of the standard OBDII pids. I even think speed is positive regardless of whether your are going in reverse or not.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  9. #9
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by god_of_cpu
    You can't get whether your in reverse directly from any of the standard OBDII pids. I even think speed is positive regardless of whether your are going in reverse or not.
    Thought so, thanks for the clarification

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
  2. no "exit to windows" option?
    By gutterslide in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
  3. what does the mp3car option for mpxplay do?
    By vash in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
  4. I want more cool stuff in my car. (wireless networking)
    By LoreleiGuy in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-27-2000, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •