First off, I love CF and refuse to use anything else. I just took a 2,000 mile trip with my carputer, and did notice something interesting. After a certain amount of time, the touchscreen stopped responding. My secondary pointing unit (touchpad) still worked. At first, I thought it was hardware-related on the Lilly itself, but when I don't have the system load CF, the thing worked flawlessly for hours until I ran CF.
Then, I thought perhaps it was a conflict with the Lilly TS drivers, and/or something having to do with lack of cooling, because several times the system rebooted itself for absolutely no reason--right as I was doing the "disconnect/reconnect" USB cable from the Lilly.
It seems the only way to get mine to work again under CF, is to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable from the Lilly, but that only yields 1-3 touches at the most, and then it stops working again.
I *did* notice that when it stops working, the cursor appears on the screen at the point it was last touched, even when "cursor visable" is disabled. Twice, I had hit the 'next' button, and the TS stopped working, and CF even appeared to "crash" as it had only halfway drawn the "impression" graphic from the button press. I did the ALT+F4 thing, which "closed" CF but the music kept playing in the background.
I firmly believe it has *something* to do with CF, but may not be directly related to the program itself. Other programs I tried, never once lost the TS capability, and it seems to be knocking the TS out at the driver level.
My final conclusion of a guestimate is, since CF uses the .NET framework, which interweaves itself into the actual framework of XP, something within .NET is going crack-whore-crazy with the USB Lilliput TS drivers, and is being triggered since CF uses .NET and no other program I run does.
I tried running .NET in debug and safe mode, and it still yields the same issues, though a few times it's given some sort of crash error (which I can't remember--hard to write it down while doing 100mph).
A couple of other things, which may or may not be related to the issue:
* I've had CF seemingly lose songs in the playlist everytime it starts up (random songs disappear)
* CF "locks" on exit, either a) never exiting and using horrendous amounts of RAM (seemingly in a loop), or b) exiting but never actually stopping the music
* Playlist became corrupted a few times from not exiting properly
* Plugging/Unplugging the USB Lilly cable, after several times, caused the computer to reboot, which is clearly a driver/kernel mixup, but ONLY happens while CF is running
Things to note:
* My "basic" playlist is over 7,000 songs. Perhaps that could be an issue with the playlist bugs?
* XP SP2, all current .NET/DirectX stuff as of the middle of March
* I didn't have the touchscreen issue in version 1.0 or 1.1, so something (either in how CF handles .NET chatter, or how .NET handles CF) has changed
As a final note, I hope this helps someone? I love CF and want to see it grow even better. I thought I was the only one with this weird problem, but I see I'm not alone. It has to be a software conflict somewhere.