Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Release CENTRAFUSE BETA 2 (1.3)

  1. #121
    FLAC shakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    Ok, well what about a database importer (like you do in Meedio to get directors, actors, genres, etc.).
    in frodo player you're able to add .mpg and .mov etc to the audio extensions and it will add video in the database with the audio if the files are in the proper directories.

    dunno if that would work in cf or not.

    anyway ... enough chatter! let the man work!
    My JeepPC Install

    "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

    "it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

  2. #122
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by shakes
    in frodo player you're able to add .mpg and .mov etc to the audio extensions and it will add video in the database with the audio if the files are in the proper directories.

    dunno if that would work in cf or not.

    anyway ... enough chatter! let the man work!
    that actually would work... if you put your videos in a sub folder in your music directory and added the video extensions to the audio extensions list they would be read into the DB... no IMDB, but they would get added using the filename...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #123
    Variable Bitrate kmcniece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    272
    Although I am late to the discussion....

    I think you have done a wonderful job. It looks clean, and solid.

    Thanks for the hard work. I will be trying this out in the car tomorrow, after I move my carputer from the back of the car to underneath the driverseat.....I think.....

    I can't wait for the XM and GPS integration.....
    EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
    Status:
    Installed & Working....
    Custom enclosures
    Newbie Guide

  4. #124
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by shakes

    (cropped)
    anyway ... enough chatter! let the man work!

    Exactly !!!! seems like everyone is blasting problems and ideas @ David like there is no tomorrow.

    This is NOT a final product. He has worked many months getting to this release.
    Be THANKFULL that it is there. All concerns from the last release were met..
    I have yet to play around with it, but from what I have seen, It works.

    Remember people, before you complain... It's FREE !!!

    Granted, It's this testing by the masses that ensures his final refined product, which he will reap the benefits from... If you want perfection..... come back in a while ( Don't call him, he might call you )

    /RANT

    Side note : whats up peoples ???


  5. #125
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    If he is going to change how the main media manager works, then now is the time for feedback and ideas. For all I know he may have already decided he doesn't want to change the media manager that much from its current state. I just want to convay my ideas for a perfect (for me at least) media manager. David: Are you interested in possibly implementing some of my "sort & browse the now playing-list" ideas? If not, just say so and I will stop "blasting problems and ideas".

    I use CF2 everyday and I test every change to SKINbedder with it. It is the best-looking and easiest to use front-end out there. However, I can find a song on my PhatBox using 6 buttons on my stock head-unit and voice-feedback (no display except disc #, track #, and time on the head-unit) much faster than ANY of the CarPC front-ends out there. I code the head-unit communication firmware for that and it is incredibly limited. You should be able to do so much more with a 7" touch-screen interface, but to this date, my no-display PhatBox is still the best in-car interface for Music (for me at least).

  6. #126
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    If he is going to change how the main media manager works, then now is the time for feedback and ideas. For all I know he may have already decided he doesn't want to change the media manager that much from its current state. I just want to convay my ideas for a perfect (for me at least) media manager. David: Are you interested in possibly implementing some of my "sort & browse the now playing-list" ideas? If not, just say so and I will stop "blasting problems and ideas".

    I use CF2 everyday and I test every change to SKINbedder with it. It is the best-looking and easiest to use front-end out there. However, I can find a song on my PhatBox using 6 buttons on my stock head-unit and voice-feedback (no display except disc #, track #, and time on the head-unit) much faster than ANY of the CarPC front-ends out there. I code the head-unit communication firmware for that and it is incredibly limited. You should be able to do so much more with a 7" touch-screen interface, but to this date, my no-display PhatBox is still the best in-car interface for Music (for me at least).
    I like the feedback... it's all good... I plan to look into some of your suggestions...

    note: and already implemented many of them

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  7. #127
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Sweet! I can't wait for the upcoming releases with new plug-ins and new Media Manager stuff.


    Edit: FYI the PhatBox is the same thing as the Kenwood Music Keg with Voice-Index-On-Tap.

  8. #128
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    Sweet! I can't wait for the upcoming releases with new plug-ins and new Media Manager stuff.


    Edit: FYI the PhatBox is the same thing as the Kenwood Music Keg with Voice-Index-On-Tap.
    well... I don't have all that done yet... plugins aren't going to be until 1.5 and I only made small tweaks to the music manager... but most of the small features and enhancements requested have all been implemented...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  9. #129
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    LOL... I know... that's why I said upcoming releases (not release) .

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Similar Threads

  1. New Release Centrafuse 1.20
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
  2. RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.51 Beta
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 05:03 AM
  3. Release - FreeDrive 0.4 beta (D3 Frontend)
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:16 AM
  4. RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.33 beta (D3 Frontend)
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
  5. New Release CENTRAFUSE 1.1
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 10:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •