Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Centrafuse Sound Quality

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679
    I absolutely hate to say this, but I must...

    I have been playing around with RoadRunner, just to keep up on things.
    I've been using CF for a long time and love the functionality of it.

    well, I am using the old version of winamp with Road Runner and the sound quality was night and day with CF. I couldn't believe the difference.

    I'll equate it to a know variance ... FM Radio & a CD . You can hear the difference between them. RR was better as is winamp.

    David, I love the app, and will buy it when released at whatever cost (don't rape me though ), however, are you doing something with the sound quality ??


    Don

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 944 LA
    I absolutely hate to say this, but I must...

    I have been playing around with RoadRunner, just to keep up on things.
    I've been using CF for a long time and love the functionality of it.

    well, I am using the old version of winamp with Road Runner and the sound quality was night and day with CF. I couldn't believe the difference.

    I'll equate it to a know variance ... FM Radio & a CD . You can hear the difference between them. RR was better as is winamp.

    David, I love the app, and will buy it when released at whatever cost (don't rape me though ), however, are you doing something with the sound quality ??


    Don
    What filetype are you playing? Try to disable Normalization in settings...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #13
    Low Bitrate lchatela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    France Annecy
    Posts
    85
    I have the same trouble with centrafuse and my x-fi.
    The x-fi has a lot of DSP enhancement for the sound and I am not sure to get them in centrafuse... With roadrunner, it seems to be OK.
    Does the EQ in centrafuse match the creative/windows eq?
    Is it possible to get it's own eq in cf?

  4. #14
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by lchatela
    I have the same trouble with centrafuse and my x-fi.
    The x-fi has a lot of DSP enhancement for the sound and I am not sure to get them in centrafuse... With roadrunner, it seems to be OK.
    Does the EQ in centrafuse match the creative/windows eq?
    Is it possible to get it's own eq in cf?
    the EQ in CF is it's own.... I wrote it... and the normalization DSP... it all uses DirectX...

    Is it with all file formats? Does disabling normalization help? I do a lot of stuff in my normalization DSP and it was the first one I ever wrote,...

    I have heard CF play on multiple systems and haven't experienced any sound issues... raw line unamplified line-out into a nice car amplifier, sounds great...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #15
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,788
    I was able to utilize the X-Fi DSP enhancements in CF. Just leaving the X-Fi default settings significantly brightened the sound. I am quite pleased with the sound quality now.

    I was never real pleased with Winamp sound quality until I loaded the Enhancer plugin a couple of years ago. What a difference! I was able to accomplish the same thing in CF by using the X-Fi.

  6. #16
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    I haven't done extensive testing, but my tests so far indicate that CF sound quality, even without normalization, is far inferior that Winamp. Yes, I am very disappointed about that, and not something I am quite willing to sacrifice. DAMN!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  7. #17
    FLAC aoLhaTer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Posts
    1,122
    You must all have good ears because I cant tell the difference

  8. #18
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by kbreeden
    I was able to utilize the X-Fi DSP enhancements in CF. Just leaving the X-Fi default settings significantly brightened the sound. I am quite pleased with the sound quality now.

    I was never real pleased with Winamp sound quality until I loaded the Enhancer plugin a couple of years ago. What a difference! I was able to accomplish the same thing in CF by using the X-Fi.
    did you have to do anything special to get the enhancer to work with CF? Post what all you did... I would like to try and hear the difference...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  9. #19
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    I haven't done extensive testing, but my tests so far indicate that CF sound quality, even without normalization, is far inferior that Winamp. Yes, I am very disappointed about that, and not something I am quite willing to sacrifice. DAMN!
    Did you try adjusting the sound with the mixer? Might try this X-Fi plugin this guy got working...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #20
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    I think X-Fi is a Sound card, not a plugin. I might be wrong though!

    Yes, I tried the mixer, have always tweaked it. My main issue seems to be with the low frequencies... can never get rich bass with CF, but I can with other apps.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
  2. XM Radio Sound Quality - What Happened?
    By tbird2340 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 05:59 PM
  3. Super Sound Quality
    By DK888 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
  4. XM Sound Quality?
    By nFiniteTuning in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 11:20 AM
  5. quality sound cards for carputer?
    By tdevil in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 04:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •