Originally Posted by turbocad6
1) When trying to login on the web site, it said I needed to activate my account (which I have done before).
2) There is no re-send activation on that page... I had to re-signup so it could tell me I was already signed up and then allow me to re-send the activation.
3) I only got a 1.6 serial number in my account (no 1.5 serial is listed as others apparently see) and that serial number doesn't work.
4) After the "wrong serial, continue in trial mode?" prompt it took me to the main menu where I had to click "try" and then re-enter my name again.
5) After setting every thing up, it asked to import my music but found none even though I have verified that I did enter the directory correctly.
6) I told it to run full screen but it did not.
7) All buttons were blank on the main-menu and "menu" drop-down.
8) ...so I exited and restarted and it then made me enter setup again where all of my settings other than the music directory were reset.
9) After re-doing all my settings a 2nd time, it did not ask me to load my music or run with blank buttons, it just exited.
10) When running it a 3rd time it continues to do the same thing as the 2nd time (all settings lost, exits when you press close)
11) Desktop icon and start-menu icon are blank (just standard file icon).
...other than that it works great
(I am testing it on an old 950mhz laptop with Windows2000 SP4, but it does have all the .NET stuff installed on it [all windows updates including all optional ones for that matter]. Hopfully I will have better luck on my home/work/car machines when I get back from China)
I have been waiting for this to come out with my carputer ready to go. I have everything set up and this is the first front end install. Do I download the regular 1.6 or the one that says W/Sapi?
By the way what is Sapi and do I need it?
i don't have any of the above problems. so maybe it does have to do with 2000 and having 1.5 installed.Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
my destinator map resource down permanently
Actually, 1.5 had the same blank-button always re-enters setup problem on this laptop. I had just installed it in case I was bored on the plane. I wasn't so I never really tried to de-bug it. I did uninstall it before installing 1.6 though (I didn't delete the directory... shouldn't the uninstall do that on its own? [actually shouldn't the 1.6 installer auto-uninstall 1.5]).
One more comment: The (non-integrated, hint hint) PhoneControl.NET setup wizard was kinda confusing... you should add a button on the first page to "skip" rather than having to hit "cancel" durring the end of your CF installation (it does not support my Sprint/Samsung phone, plus I did not bring the USB cable on this trip anyway). Also the wizard re-ran the first time I entered setup, but it was less scary to hit "cancel" that time around .
SAPI is microsoft voice recognition. If you do not have a microphone installed and are not planning on using voice recoginition then you dont need it.Originally Posted by thrmaln
Thanks for the info. Well I guess I need to buy a Mic now. May as well have all the bells and whistles.Originally Posted by alti
Okay, where do we want to keep a running list of stuff we find, here?
If so, am I just not doing things right, or can you not set the global buttons to one of the external Apps in the 'select button' settings. Nothing against Destinator, but I don't have those maps and need to use iGuidance.
Oh yeah, also having the serial number issue.
uninstall both 1.5 and 1.6, then manually remove the Flux Media folder, then reinstall 1.6...
1.6 should have uninstalled 1.5 and deleted that directory, I will get this fixed...
I am looking into this serial problem on the website, I think my serials tables just got switched somehow... it was late...
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210