Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: CF 1.6 First impressions

  1. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    45
    Maybe I'm just not wired the same way you are. Looking at the media manager, I see 13 buttons, only three of which I'm really sure what they do. Left/right/up/down arrows, OK, I guess that's also obvious. But the magnifying glass, floppy disk, +, -, checkmark, and X? I'm sure I can get it figured out, but my point is that for day-to-day use all that seems...extra.

    The whole thing is just sexy as all get-out though.

  2. #22
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    To be precise (and I do agree with alanw) you need to do all of this:

    Assuming you are ALREADY in the Media section...
    1) Click Media Manager
    2) Click Library
    3) Click Music
    4) Click Albums
    5) Click the Album you like (assuming you see it in the default list, otherwise click click click until you see it)
    6) Click Play Now

    Phew! That is a ot of clicks! A lot more if you have to double-click LOL


    Not sure why, but it appears that the Genre/Artist list item is now nested one folder deeper. I recall in 1.5 one would press Library, then Artist, and that was it.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  3. #23
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    The picutre browser is limited IMO. I played with it at 1:30am, and couldn't figure out how to clear the playlist. Too many clicks, but that is kind of good for the future, as the buttons are big and easy to click on. The contrast is good IMO.
    The menu should slide down a bit slower for a nice effect.
    I added the picture viewer support within the last couple of days really fast... It definitely needs some work. If you find any bugs, like the list not clearing, please post them over in the bugs thread and I will get it fixed...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  4. #24
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by alanw
    Maybe I'm just not wired the same way you are. Looking at the media manager, I see 13 buttons, only three of which I'm really sure what they do. Left/right/up/down arrows, OK, I guess that's also obvious. But the magnifying glass, floppy disk, +, -, checkmark, and X? I'm sure I can get it figured out, but my point is that for day-to-day use all that seems...extra.

    The whole thing is just sexy as all get-out though.
    well... the magnifying glass lets you search your library, pretty nice feature... the check box and X are ok and cancel... this is so you can be listening to an album, click media manager, select another album and hit +, then hit OK...

    this will just add the album to the bottom of your playlist... pretty cool.. the save icon lets you save your current queue so you can load it up later...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #25
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    To be precise (and I do agree with alanw) you need to do all of this:

    Assuming you are ALREADY in the Media section...
    1) Click Media Manager
    2) Click Library
    3) Click Music
    4) Click Albums
    5) Click the Album you like (assuming you see it in the default list, otherwise click click click until you see it)
    6) Click Play Now

    Phew! That is a ot of clicks! A lot more if you have to double-click LOL


    Not sure why, but it appears that the Genre/Artist list item is now nested one folder deeper. I recall in 1.5 one would press Library, then Artist, and that was it.
    It's pretty cool that you only have to do this once and then the media manager remembers where you were... I find it very efficient... every time I click media manager it's a simple view of all my albums... I select one, hit play now... pretty easy to me...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  6. #26
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    David, I think a decent compromise would be to make sure you put that MENU button even on the top bar of some of the embedded apps and plugins when in Full Screen mode (this is vital).

    I think if the MENU button is ALWAYS available (note that I am now saying the BUTTON, not the list itself) then you are guaranteed to be only 2 clicks away from Any main section. Not as good as one click, but hey much closer. It's a real bummer when you are in FullScreen mode
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  7. #27
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    It's pretty cool that you only have to do this once and then the media manager remembers where you were... I find it very efficient... every time I click media manager it's a simple view of all my albums... I select one, hit play now... pretty easy to me...
    david
    I completely agree. However this assumes that people want to ALWAYS view their music by say, Album. I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I sometimes want to browse by Genre, and sometimes by Artist. I switch all the time depending on what I am after.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  8. #28
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    I gave it a spin... and i dont like it at all.

    (EDIT: before getting too much flamed about this by some noob asses, i have to state i loved 1.2-1.5)

    Thats not big surprise to me... it turned out to be mainly what i expected after the preview thread. I have no need to go details, cause JIT already stated most of things i dislike on it too, especially new menu and trashing of "1click concept".

    Like many of like minded here, im also very interested to know if one click concept can be salvaged by creative skinning?

  9. #29
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Another thing I don't like... during the visulizations I want the text box to disappear.

  10. #30
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    David, I think a decent compromise would be to make sure you put that MENU button even on the top bar of some of the embedded apps and plugins when in Full Screen mode (this is vital).

    I think if the MENU button is ALWAYS available (note that I am now saying the BUTTON, not the list itself) then you are guaranteed to be only 2 clicks away from Any main section. Not as good as one click, but hey much closer. It's a real bummer when you are in FullScreen mode
    not a bad idea and there is room...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

Similar Threads

  1. CF 1.4 skin for CF 1.2
    By superbowl in forum CF Skins
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 05:19 AM
  2. Flash card bootable drive?
    By The Durango Kid in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 09:20 AM
  3. XP Pro on CF card working!!
    By knubile in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
  4. Flash OS
    By BiohazrD in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 09:57 AM
  5. XP on CF II Drive
    By NOS TANG in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 02:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •