Just curious whether anyone has gotten XM to work with 1.6. For me it worked when I first installed 1.6 but hasn't worked since.
Yes, I saw the earlier posts on that. I'm using the XMPCR and am also having trouble. I'm wondering if it's that hibernation issue that has always plagued the XMPCR. David, did you test the XM with hibernation?
Ah yes, hibernation problems...I have those too. Whenever I resume from hibernation after I have been listening to XM, CF locks up and I have to force the program to end through task manager.
I have an xm direct and cannot get it working. I checked the error log and did not see anything that appeared to be related to xm just errors on obdii.
As others said I got nowhere when i set the xm settings to xmdirect infact cf would just slow down until it became unresponsive about 30 seconds after loading. as soon as i switched the xmdirect to xmpcr in the config file I did not have problems with cf comming to a crawl anymore.
With it set to xmpcr i get a list of stations but not what is playing on them and double clicking stations does nothing.
Did anyone with an xmpcr try shutting down instead of hibernating?
That's what my XMPCR was doing. Then I unplugged the XMPCR from the USB port, plugged it back in and now the only channel that's showing is the preview channel.Originally Posted by alti
I think I'm going to uninstall CF then reinstall and try shutting down instead of hibernating. If it works, that will isolate hibernation as the problem. I know the hibernation problem is surmountable because it works perfectly with RR and the CF skin.Originally Posted by alti
i haven't had a chance to test it w/ the xmpcr yet. plan on doing so in the next couple of days, however.
It may not be a hibernation issue. I reinstalled CF and XM worked fine. I then shut down CF and the computer normally (no hibernation). When I restarted the computer and CF, XM worked again. However, shortly thereafter it stopped working. The channel numbers would load, but none of the songs playing would appear and no sound would come out. I made a deliberate effort not to hibernate after reinstalling CF so I could try to determine if hibernation was the issue. Since it stopped working even without hibernating, it appears something else is going on.