Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: VFD feedback

  1. #41
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    Copied 1.7 into the car today, and to be honest its the first time I have ever had a play, always been a RR man myself.. Afew things I like.. .afew things that will take time to get used too.. I do have a few questions mind you, but I will ask them after I have explained what CF is doing to my lcd ( 2 x 16 )

    It displays the title on the top line and the time on the left and tracktime on the right, the time on the left has a zero in front of it.. ie 016:13 and the tracktime on the right has a trailing 1... ie 02:231

    I have attached a picture to try and help you.

    onto the other questions..

    1. Does CF have a sdk which would allow me to write some software that would allow me to control vol / track via my usb stalk control ?
    2. Does CF support the HQPC radio tuner ?

    cheers m8

    CdR

    edit..
    remembered something..

    On your Navigation.. in the UK when you navigate by postcode (zip) they always start alpha.. ie.. AA12 3BD would it be possible to get it to start either numeric or alpha depending on the zone thats set ? Other than that I think it did will taking me just where I wanted :-).. O it did suffer from not resuming the music a few times mind u.. this was after I had decided to take a detour to get some petrol and it kept trying to re route me... only did it a couple of times

    hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #42
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    Copied 1.7 into the car today, and to be honest its the first time I have ever had a play, always been a RR man myself.. Afew things I like.. .afew things that will take time to get used too.. I do have a few questions mind you, but I will ask them after I have explained what CF is doing to my lcd ( 2 x 16 )

    It displays the title on the top line and the time on the left and tracktime on the right, the time on the left has a zero in front of it.. ie 016:13 and the tracktime on the right has a trailing 1... ie 02:231

    I have attached a picture to try and help you.

    onto the other questions..

    1. Does CF have a sdk which would allow me to write some software that would allow me to control vol / track via my usb stalk control ?
    2. Does CF support the HQPC radio tuner ?

    cheers m8

    CdR

    edit..
    remembered something..

    On your Navigation.. in the UK when you navigate by postcode (zip) they always start alpha.. ie.. AA12 3BD would it be possible to get it to start either numeric or alpha depending on the zone thats set ? Other than that I think it did will taking me just where I wanted :-).. O it did suffer from not resuming the music a few times mind u.. this was after I had decided to take a detour to get some petrol and it kept trying to re route me... only did it a couple of times

    hope this helps
    I will look into this display problem.. Now this confuses me even more... Are the people who cant' get LCD's to work using HD44780 parallel LCD's?

    That is the ONLY LCD I support... Showing that the above is working and displaying right means that the units that are not working must be using a different chip, or there is something I'm not understanding...

    Mine is broke, ordering new one now... Then I will fix all display issues...

    As for why some don't work and some do, I have no idea... Need help to figure it out...

    CF has a full SDK... You can join the Flux Developer Network under "My Account" on the website and get access to all the examples and documentation... You could write a non-graphical plugin to control your device, or just use hotkeys... I made hotkeys for just about everything there is in the application...

    I am redoing the radio interface and I will be supporting the HQCT...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #43
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The land of polar bears and nekkid blonds
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    1. Does CF have a sdk which would allow me to write some software that would allow me to control vol / track via my usb stalk control ?
    2. Does CF support the HQPC radio tuner ?

    OMG !

    I thought I'd never get to say to cdr


    1. Yes, CF have a very good SDK so you can write your plugins and do pretty much any thing you'd like.
    I miss a few options, but I really hope that David will include them.

    2. I assume you mean HQCT, then the answer is nope... not yet.
    I was under the impression it would have been supported in 1.7, but apparently it's postponed to 1.8, including a rewrite of the radio part.

    /M

  4. #44
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    let me know if you need anything testing.. it ran for about an hour with no title problems, just the 0 on the time and the 1 on the tracktime.. everything else was ok.

    For uk members I bought this from maplins.. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...N27AZ&DOY=21m7

    £9.99 I think they are now.. + you will need some cable I got 13 wire core.. and a 25 pin connector.. I also powered the device from a usb port, you could power it from a keyboard or mouse port as well.. (5v) The length of cable I'm using is 6 meters.. so dont worry about how long it can go. :-)

    CdR

  5. #45
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    Now this confuses me even more... Are the people who cant' get LCD's to work using HD44780 parallel LCD's?
    Yes. AM and I have mentioned this a couple of times in here.

    I can send you my LCD if you want, it's all cabled up. As I've said twice above, mine is doing what AM's is doing, and my 20x4 is doing it too - just like his.
    :: Mark

  6. #46
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall
    Yes. AM and I have mentioned this a couple of times in here.

    I can send you my LCD if you want, it's all cabled up. As I've said twice above, mine is doing what AM's is doing, and my 20x4 is doing it too - just like his.
    Maybe see what settings CdrSkull set that you didn't, not sure... It works with the one I have, and the code hasn't changed in quite awhile...

    unless HD44780 chips have multiple init commands, I have no idea... Unless it's all timing... Are all the computers very different in speed?

    But you guys tried adjusting the timing...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  7. #47
    Constant Bitrate AngryMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lewiston, Maine
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    Maybe see what settings CdrSkull set that you didn't, not sure... It works with the one I have, and the code hasn't changed in quite awhile...
    unless HD44780 chips have multiple init commands, I have no idea... Unless it's all timing... Are all the computers very different in speed?
    But you guys tried adjusting the timing...
    david
    I am using the HD44780 chips in both of my lcds. I have tried adjusting the timing, but since I cant really tell wether I want to go up or down on those numbers, and by how much. - well I dont know if it is doing any good.
    .______
    / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
    \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
    Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
    www.summitadventuresystems.com

  8. #48
    Constant Bitrate AngryMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lewiston, Maine
    Posts
    114
    Any progress on this?
    .______
    / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
    \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
    Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
    www.summitadventuresystems.com

  9. #49
    Constant Bitrate AngryMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lewiston, Maine
    Posts
    114
    here are some fresh pics of what is going on with my lcds.

    first, my 2x16 blue/white lcd through lcdcenter


    then through CF


    now my 20x4 lcd through LCDcenter


    through CF:


    and finally, a pic of my lcd beign held by a wodden man.
    .______
    / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
    \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
    Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
    www.summitadventuresystems.com

  10. #50
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    by the looks of them pics the lcd it not getting a signal from centrafuse. .the square blocks are standard when nothing is plugged in. Check your port settings again. For some reason its not getting the int command that needed

    CdR

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VFD Display
    By leesilk in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 10:32 PM
  2. Line Feedback
    By 2k5f150 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 08:34 AM
  3. SMK Force Feedback Touch Panel
    By e_z_street in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
  4. Serial 4x20 VFD for Sale $75 Shipped
    By johnram in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2002, 04:26 PM
  5. My VFD came today. Now what?
    By King_Xerxes in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2002, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •