Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Mic for Voice Recognition

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    95

    Mic for Voice Recognition

    Hey guys...anyone know a good brand to go with for a mic? I'm looking for one that cancels out road noise and all that jazz. What are most of you guys using for Centrafuse? Just curious...thanks!

    -rittboy

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    223
    I second that.. I saw some mic kit at radio shack.. hhmm

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosenheim, Germany
    Posts
    55
    I need a good mic for phoneCo, too.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plano/College Station, TX
    Posts
    183
    Look at some of those hands-free sets that attach to the headrest? If nothing else you might atleast be able to use the mic. I know they sell them at Brookstone and some other places too I'm sure.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    202
    Salvage a mic from a car handsfree kit.

    They are supposedly designed for the automotive environment (i.e. small form factor, directional, long wires) and some (most?) of them have the standard 3.5mm stereo connectors that plug directly into the mic-in on the mainboard.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate bl3nd3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    114
    I just bought a pair of Labtec LVA-7280 ClearVoice Digital Microphone's off ebay and have been trying them out at home. They are truely amazing at picking up voice and cancelling out ambient noise. They are a little on the large size but i think you could mount it to the sun visor and you would be good to go.

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by kmstech
    I just bought a pair of Labtec LVA-7280 ClearVoice Digital Microphone's off ebay and have been trying them out at home. They are truely amazing at picking up voice and cancelling out ambient noise. They are a little on the large size but i think you could mount it to the sun visor and you would be good to go.
    Really? How much did you get them for? Got any pics of them?

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate bl3nd3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by L-U-R-C-H
    Really? How much did you get them for? Got any pics of them?
    I got them off ebay for $20 each. The one problem I have is that they are a powered microphone. So you would need to use a power inverter in order to get them to work. Here are is a picture:


  9. #9
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by kmstech
    I got them off ebay for $20 each. The one problem I have is that they are a powered microphone. So you would need to use a power inverter in order to get them to work. Here are is a picture:

    what are the power requirements, watts/amps?

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    223
    hhhmm that looks like it will almost fit under the front windshield?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weird Mic Problem.. Help!
    By veetid in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 07:05 PM
  2. Voice recognition problems. WinXP/Navivoice.
    By mikebaz in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. Mic keeps unmuting on resume
    By spaceskater in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 04:12 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 11:51 PM
  5. IBM T42: disable onboard speakers and microphone using port replicator II
    By WhiteRabbit in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 04:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •