Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Exit Button Request

  1. #1
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893

    Exit Button Request

    I was just reading the RC2 release notes (bad name... RC2 hasn't been released... very confusing), and I noticed something that sparked this feature request:

    "9. Added option for main page close button to pull up exit dialog"

    Can you make is so instead of just saying "are you sure you want to exit" it gives you the same menu you can get from the tools page? (or is that what you already did?)

    Actually these are the options I would like (in this order):

    Exit
    Minimize
    Hibernate
    Suspend
    Reboot
    Shutdown
    Cancel

    It would be cool if we could add/remove these buttons and change their order via the skin.xml file as well (separate from the one in the tools menu which should always display all of them).

  2. #2
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    I think that's what he did, & I think you can aleady do this in the skin xml...

  3. #3
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Hopfully he didn't miss the "minimize" addition

  4. #4
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    I was just reading the RC2 release notes (bad name... RC2 hasn't been released... very confusing), and I noticed something that sparked this feature request:

    "9. Added option for main page close button to pull up exit dialog"

    Can you make is so instead of just saying "are you sure you want to exit" it gives you the same menu you can get from the tools page? (or is that what you already did?)

    Actually these are the options I would like (in this order):

    Exit
    Minimize
    Hibernate
    Suspend
    Reboot
    Shutdown
    Cancel

    It would be cool if we could add/remove these buttons and change their order via the skin.xml file as well (separate from the one in the tools menu which should always display all of them).
    That is the feature I added...

    It's called release notes because that what they are, the RC2 release notes... RC2 will be released soon, all the bugs and features that I will be doing for RC2 are finished...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #5
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Cool! (I still think the thread name is goofy though)

    I have some more I want clarification on...

    29. The hold and jump feature on list view skips "The " when selecting the letter "T"

    Did you also do "A". For example, "A Flock of Seagulls" should be under "F".

    55. Random does not repeat a song until it has played the entire list, if the current list changes it will restart

    Does it also "restart" if you turn random off and then back on again?

    ...and one more question: My favorite feature of your media screen is favorites. I only ever have two "HDD Playlists" loaded, one with all songs and one with "Favorites". How to I backup my favorites so I don't lose them with every release?

    ...and one more request: Can you make the favorites list automatically reload whenever it is selected via the HDD icon? I would like it where if I click the HDD to go from favorites to all music, then I add a few favorites, when I click the HDD icon to switch back they are already in the list without having to "eject" the list and then goto media manager and re-load the favorites list. I would also like it so if I de-favorite a song in the favorites list, it will be gone if I switch to all-songs and then back again. (I thought about asking you to make it go away as soon as you de-favorite it, but if you did that by mistake you could not easily re-favorite the song, so removing all non-favorites from the list should only happen when you switch lists and then switch back.)

  6. #6
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    Cool! (I still think the thread name is goofy though)

    I have some more I want clarification on...

    29. The hold and jump feature on list view skips "The " when selecting the letter "T"

    Did you also do "A". For example, "A Flock of Seagulls" should be under "F".

    55. Random does not repeat a song until it has played the entire list, if the current list changes it will restart

    Does it also "restart" if you turn random off and then back on again?

    ...and one more question: My favorite feature of your media screen is favorites. I only ever have two "HDD Playlists" loaded, one with all songs and one with "Favorites". How to I backup my favorites so I don't lose them with every release?

    ...and one more request: Can you make the favorites list automatically reload whenever it is selected via the HDD icon? I would like it where if I click the HDD to go from favorites to all music, then I add a few favorites, when I click the HDD icon to switch back they are already in the list without having to "eject" the list and then goto media manager and re-load the favorites list. I would also like it so if I de-favorite a song in the favorites list, it will be gone if I switch to all-songs and then back again. (I thought about asking you to make it go away as soon as you de-favorite it, but if you did that by mistake you could not easily re-favorite the song, so removing all non-favorites from the list should only happen when you switch lists and then switch back.)

    The favorites are stored in the "main.dat" file, an Access database... You could backup this file... This will hopefully not be problem once people can start using the updater in RC2..

    You can hold down the favorites button for 2 seconds, in the media section, and it will auto load your favorites...

    It does not reset when you take random off... It is based on the playlist, so if random has been off and you turn it on, it will still first go to the random songs that have not played yet, then start over...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  7. #7
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Thanks for the reply.

    The favorites db didn't change from RC1 to RC2 correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    You can hold down the favorites button for 2 seconds, in the media section, and it will auto load your favorites...
    That sounds awesome... so instead of switching via the HDD icon, I can eject the favorites list and then just switch back to it later by holding the star icon. Works for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    It does not reset when you take random off... It is based on the playlist, so if random has been off and you turn it on, it will still first go to the random songs that have not played yet, then start over...
    This doesn't sound good... if I always listen to my favorites list or my entire collection list (which I do), and I never add anything to my collection (which I haven't in years), then random will always play my two lists in the exact same mix order? I expect random to be random, not something I will recognize the first time I jump back to the song I was listening to yesterday. Actually, it should be the same order as yesterday unless I specifically tell it I want a new order (that might be cool to listen to that great set of song that random happened to choose the other day). The point is, I need to be able to re-seed the random array at will by turning random off and then back on.

  8. #8
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    The favorites db didn't change from RC1 to RC2 correct?



    That sounds awesome... so instead of switching via the HDD icon, I can eject the favorites list and then just switch back to it later by holding the star icon. Works for me!



    This doesn't sound good... if I always listen to my favorites list or my entire collection list (which I do), and I never add anything to my collection (which I haven't in years), then random will always play my two lists in the exact same mix order? I expect random to be random, not something I will recognize the first time I jump back to the song I was listening to yesterday. Actually, it should be the same order as yesterday unless I specifically tell it I want a new order (that might be cool to listen to that great set of song that random happened to choose the other day). The point is, I need to be able to re-seed the random array at will by turning random off and then back on.
    If you eject or load a new playlist the random is reset, and it is random, it will never play in the same order...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  9. #9
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Ok, for a second I thought you were saying if the list has the same songs in the same order, then random will always be the same mixed order.

    I'd still like to request that turning random off and then back on again change the mixed order as well, since I never eject my all songs playlist. I never use the "media manager" button at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Relocating computer power button
    By King_Xerxes in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM
  2. Forum Slowness
    By Quattro in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 05:50 PM
  3. Exit button crash + Ear Looking Icon
    By zaid175 in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 02:23 PM
  4. Shuttle power button?
    By mazda3uzr in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 04:36 PM
  5. internet button on my pc
    By babas151 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-31-2002, 02:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •