Here is the problem...
Centrafuse RC4.2 Bugs
Even though this is an old thread I need to post my solution as I have been looking everywhere and did not find the solution I have.
I have a fresh install of Windows XP Professional SP3. I installed centrafuse 1.2, imported my music and all music showed under the category 'unknown artist'. I upgraded to v1.47 and then 3.5 and still the same issue. I could not work this thing out as centrafuse was displaying songs correctly on my laptop with Windows 7.
My music is organised off another PC with iTunes...
Then it hit me, I don't have iTunes installed on the car pc. I installed iTunes, re-imported my music and all of the ID tags are displaying correctly. I guess iTunes needs to be installed to support the new ID tag version.
v1.2, 4.7 & 3.5 all work now!
Also, iTunes is only installed, I don't use this on the car PC, it is purely for support.