Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Font size changes

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate ankur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    166

    Font size changes

    David
    Is the documentation for the config file ready ? I wanted to change some font sizes and instead of trial and error i would rather know what fonts affect what parts of CF. I want to change the fonts specifically of the date and time display.
    I am using large fonts setting on my 800x600 screen and the text is not showing properly.
    thanks.

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    David
    Is the documentation for the config file ready ? I wanted to change some font sizes and instead of trial and error i would rather know what fonts affect what parts of CF. I want to change the fonts specifically of the date and time display.
    I am using large fonts setting on my 800x600 screen and the text is not showing properly.
    thanks.
    that is all in the skin.xml file... Large fonts should not affect the display... Did you change the DPI?

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate ankur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    that is all in the skin.xml file... Large fonts should not affect the display... Did you change the DPI?

    david
    I did change the dpi to 120 to improve the readability of the fonts on the little 7" screen. Can i change the font sizes in skin.xml to make them smaller ?

    thanks.

  4. #4
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    I did change the dpi to 120 to improve the readability of the fonts on the little 7" screen. Can i change the font sizes in skin.xml to make them smaller ?

    thanks.
    should be able too... a nice XML program will help out a lot editing skin.xml file...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate ankur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    should be able too... a nice XML program will help out a lot editing skin.xml file...

    david
    Could you recommend some simple editor ? Also does CF load the xml file at startup or every screen change ? The reason i am asking is will i have to restart CFeverytime i make a change in the XML or just refresh the screen ?

    thanks.

  6. #6
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    Could you recommend some simple editor ? Also does CF load the xml file at startup or every screen change ? The reason i am asking is will i have to restart CFeverytime i make a change in the XML or just refresh the screen ?

    thanks.
    you will want to make all your changes and then load CF, if you need to make other changes you will have to close CF, make the changes, and then reload...

    There are only a handful of sizes, so finding them out and a good replace should work...

    Unless you use your desktop a lot why not just put the DPI back down?

    I use XMLSpy, but it's not free... Someone on the forums knew of a good free one, I think Justintime, but I don't rememeber it's name...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    12
    Try XML Marker (http://symbolclick.com/), it's free.

    Sachmet.

Similar Threads

  1. iGuidance Font Size Fix summary thread
    By Viscouse in forum GPS
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
  2. StreetDeck Fonts
    By god_of_cpu in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 06:46 PM
  4. winamp and play list font size????????????
    By donalson in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-28-2001, 07:40 PM
  5. changing font size of file names in Windows Explorer?
    By Squeezer in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2001, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •