I just received my Silabs FM tuner.
I know that itís not supported in CF, but I use the RR .DLL file for radiator. Meaning that I use Radiator as my radio device.
Have following questions:
1. When I run Radiator, itís able to scan channels/tune and finding them.
2. I am not able to receive RDS information in Radiator. Any one got this to work?
My problem is.
When setting CF 5.0 to use Radiator as my device, itís ******* upÖÖ.
1. When I start the CF radio (RADIO), Radiator is displayed on top
2. When I scan (SCAN), itís scanning, but not stopping at any stations. Also the scanning is WEARY slow.
3. Chancing frequency,(</> ore <</>>) works OK
4. Enter Tuning frequency at a known station, (TUNING) works OK
5. Changing presents, itís changing CF precents (same line level as phone signal, phone battery level, net connection and date) but not Radiator presentsÖ.
Any one discovered the same problems when using Radiator? Is it a bug in the Radiator plug-in?
Otherwise I can report that Silabs USB FM radio works great, and have a good reception (Have not tested in my car yet)
With firmware I have RDS information. Fast tuning.
For Danish thread readers, I have purchased the device from c88.com at a price 350 dkr. including tax and delivery
Hope that some one will take Daveís request up, and create a plug-in for this tuner while itís ideal for a CarPc.
I could do it my self, but are not a programmer
I mean USBRadio.dll
Thanks it anwser my quistion
ok i have a few questions and yes, they are most likely newb questions. i usually flame newbs on my car related forums so now it seems that i get a bit of my own medicine. hahaha.
anyway i've tried searching and have found some good info but it seems that im overwhelmed with options. my original plan was to use an aux mod on my oem radio soley for the purpose to not lose the radio stations. however, i'd rather just complete eliminate the oem radio and use the computer. with the silabs usb radio adapter and the provided software, is there anything else i need in order to get the radio function on the computer when using centrafuse?
again, sorry for the newb questions. i feel dumb for not knowing. ask me anything about engines and i can break it down for you. lol.
If anyone is up for it, it should be pretty easy... just sign into the FDN on the Flux website and get the SDK download, it has all the code for the current radio modules and with Silabs examples on the internet a module should be able to be built pretty easy...
otherwise if you can get the radio to work in Radiator then you can set Centrafuse to use Radiator and it should work that way, if Radiator supports that radio...
If it works in Radiator you should be fine in Centrafuse until a good CF Radio Module for the Silabs is created...
thanks for your help man. im trying to get this done before a car show in 12 days and my original plan is changing faster than my money can keep up. hahahaha.