Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Album artist and auto-dimming screen - questions/suggestions

  1. #1
    Newbie kftqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Galway, Ireland
    Posts
    47

    Album artist and auto-dimming screen - questions/suggestions

    I've been using Centrafuse RC4./RC5 for the last month and have some questions/suggestions...

    1. Is is possible to sort library by album artist as against song artist? I find it super annoying when I select artist->album and then am missing some songs because they feature another artist...

    2. Is there a way to change how bright/dim the three brightness levels are? Ideally I would like a super dark one for night driving that I can switch to when I don't need to look at screen. Another cool feature would be to dim the screen after say 5 seconds since you last did something (similar to a mobile phone or Ipod). Is this do-able?

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by kftqq View Post
    I've been using Centrafuse RC4./RC5 for the last month and have some questions/suggestions...

    1. Is is possible to sort library by album artist as against song artist? I find it super annoying when I select artist->album and then am missing some songs because they feature another artist...

    2. Is there a way to change how bright/dim the three brightness levels are? Ideally I would like a super dark one for night driving that I can switch to when I don't need to look at screen. Another cool feature would be to dim the screen after say 5 seconds since you last did something (similar to a mobile phone or Ipod). Is this do-able?
    if you hold down dim for 2 seconds and let go it will black the screen out until you touch it again...

    currently not possible to sort by Album Artist, would have to rework the database... I will look into it though...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    Newbie kftqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Galway, Ireland
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    if you hold down dim for 2 seconds and let go it will black the screen out until you touch it again...

    currently not possible to sort by Album Artist, would have to rework the database... I will look into it though...

    david
    Sweet.. Didn't know that. I'll give it a go on the way home. Any way to edit the brightness of each dimming level?

  4. #4
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by kftqq View Post
    Sweet.. Didn't know that. I'll give it a go on the way home. Any way to edit the brightness of each dimming level?
    not currently a way to edit the dimming modes...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    if you hold down dim for 2 seconds and let go it will black the screen out until you touch it again...

    currently not possible to sort by Album Artist, would have to rework the database... I will look into it though...

    david
    Does this DIM mean No vga signal or just Black image? My tft monitor show blue screen with "NO VGA INPUT" if signal is lost. Monitor is in car and pc is at home ATM

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Slovenia (EU)
    Posts
    312
    Just black image.

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    100
    There's a windows screen saver out there called powerdimmer or something that can dim the screen to a user-controlled level of opacity - I have it set so during inactivity it dims CF to "just barely visible" which is great for night driving. You have to manually edit the windows screen saver configuration to get it to activate in less than 1 minute - I typically leave mine at 5-10 seconds before it dims. There's also a script called "sunset.vbs" that you can set to run on login which will deactivate the screensaver during daytime hours.

    I realize the thread starter is probably hoping to get all this functionality integrated into CF but there are a lot of things that you can accomplish with greater flexibility using 3rd party windows utilities. If you search these forums for powerdimmer and sunset.vbs you should be able to find the stuff I'm talking about.

Similar Threads

  1. Album art downloader
    By hijinks21 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
  2. Auto DJ function proposal.
    By kid320 in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:35 PM
  3. Auto DJ function proposal... opinions?
    By kid320 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 10:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •