Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Found all Languages... Need some translation help, added new languages...

  1. #11
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS View Post
    PS, it has been mentioned before, we have all the english letters + 3 more, so putting them on alternative pages is a OK temporary solution, but adding that extra button the way I showed a long time ago is the best solution
    OSK - small change suggestions
    I plan to modify the skin, just not right now... I have already received the complete danish language/keyboard pack for the next release...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    I have already received the Norwegian files, so only the other 3 languages...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #13
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    77
    david

    by putting these 3 special letters in the alt section of the keyboard, do you mean replacing 3 of the original characters? In that case, i can't decide wich ones to replace

    Also, im guessing there wont be room for both small and capital letters?

  4. #14
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    david

    by putting these 3 special letters in the alt section of the keyboard, do you mean replacing 3 of the original characters? In that case, i can't decide wich ones to replace

    Also, im guessing there wont be room for both small and capital letters?
    are we talking about the keyboard or the GPSKeyboard?

    The GPSKeyboard has tons of room on it's second ALT page... The main keyboard has a place for both caps and non-caps characters and it's ALT characters are across the top...

    case doesn't matter on the GPSKeyboard, it is not case sensitive...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  5. #15
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    I have someone helping me with Swedish...

    Just 2 left, need to get someone to send in some Greek files and some Turkish files...

    thanks for all the help!


    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    77
    GPSKeyboard okay like this?



    Still unsure where to put these characters in the main keyb, as it has only 2 free spaces in the alt section..

  7. #17
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    GPSKeyboard okay like this?



    Still unsure where to put these characters in the main keyb, as it has only 2 free spaces in the alt section..
    only thing I see wrong is you took away the ability to enter a space, that was the underline in the English...

    other than that it looks good...

    In the Danish main keyboard the user used the two buttons to the right of the space bar for important characters, then moved those two characters tot he ALT state... They then replaced a character in the ALT state they didn't think would ever be used with the 3rd character they needed...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    As i mentioned before i do have some problems with a few lines in the main .XML
    Some things don't make a lot of sense to me. Is there any possibility i can have a peep at the Danish and/or Norwegian versions for some inspiration??

  9. #19
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    only thing I see wrong is you took away the ability to enter a space, that was the underline in the English...

    other than that it looks good...

    In the Danish main keyboard the user used the two buttons to the right of the space bar for important characters, then moved those two characters tot he ALT state... They then replaced a character in the ALT state they didn't think would ever be used with the 3rd character they needed...

    david
    In the GPSkeyboard the space button is only visible in the ALT state.. I rarely use the space button while entering GPS, so I thought it would be okay to have it only in the ALT state..? Didn't you see it? lower right, next to the ALT button. So that when you push the ALT button, space is right next to it.

    Now the main keyboard. The layout I came up with involves removing 4 characters wich i personaly dont see any need for: < > ~ |. Too much?
    When i think about it, i dont think i have ever used any special characters other than letters while searching for something in the library...

    Here are the screens for normal, shift and alt state:

  10. #20
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    As i mentioned before i do have some problems with a few lines in the main .XML
    Some things don't make a lot of sense to me. Is there any possibility i can have a peep at the Danish and/or Norwegian versions for some inspiration??
    which language are you working on?

    I'm sure I can post one of the XML files on here...

    It mainly comes down to dragging it into IE and having it tell you what it doesn't like, replacement those characters with HTML Entity numbers...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Integrated voice control in RR...
    By whodwho in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 574
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 02:42 AM
  2. Headunit (Linux/Windows CarPC frontend) + initial screenshots
    By NoPistonPC in forum Other Cool Front Ends
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  3. streetdeck stable update anytime soon?
    By customaudioman in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
  4. Actual work-in-progress
    By netsuo in forum NeoCar Media Center
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 12:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •