Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do I add custom POI's?

  1. #1
    BGH
    BGH is offline
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    109

    How do I add custom POI's?

    Can someone please explain the process for adding custom POIs into CF? Is it possible to import files such as these ones http://members.iinet.com.au/~cbbbdl/dirk.htm. They are in TomTom format but can be converted to other formats via PoiEdit. What format should they be in? .dat? Where do I store them? Will they be able to display the BMP file as well?

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    Can someone please explain the process for adding custom POIs into CF? Is it possible to import files such as these ones http://members.iinet.com.au/~cbbbdl/dirk.htm. They are in TomTom format but can be converted to other formats via PoiEdit. What format should they be in? .dat? Where do I store them? Will they be able to display the BMP file as well?
    you can hit the "+" after creating a favorites folder and use the import tool... you can look through the last 2 or 3 release notes to see all the formats I added, I need to post a list in the FAQ... It is for most CSV formats...

    The problem is I do not have much control yet on the display and alert portion of things...

    the .dat method might work for you as well, that will definetly give you the display options you need because that is currently working in CF for POI's...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    BGH
    BGH is offline
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    you can hit the "+" after creating a favorites folder and use the import tool... you can look through the last 2 or 3 release notes to see all the formats I added, I need to post a list in the FAQ... It is for most CSV formats...
    Do you mind posting a link please David. I couldnt seem to find it. How are the POIs displayed when doing it this way? Can you choose an icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    the .dat method might work for you as well, that will definetly give you the display options you need because that is currently working in CF for POI's...
    Would I just do this the same way? When I hit "+" and go to the directory with the .dat file it inst listed. Have you included .dat files in the filetype filter when using "+" to add a POI?

    I dont suppose there is any way to edit the default destinator POI icons? The ones there at the moment are way too small and look like rubbish really.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    77
    Ive tried both ways, but only one is working. Importing a csv-file dont work for me. Everytime I get an error of using the wrong map.
    The other way is coping a .dat-file into the favorites folder. The .dat-file is a destinator .dat and it is working, but the pois are not shown in the map. I use it for finding the right gas-station with the nearest favorite feature.

  5. #5
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyunger View Post
    Ive tried both ways, but only one is working. Importing a csv-file dont work for me. Everytime I get an error of using the wrong map.
    The other way is coping a .dat-file into the favorites folder. The .dat-file is a destinator .dat and it is working, but the pois are not shown in the map. I use it for finding the right gas-station with the nearest favorite feature.
    you will need to find the POI category in the POI list and make sure you set it to show on the map....

    Also it will need an icon with the POI category name in the icons folder in the Common/Favorites folder...

    This is the same place an icon would be needed for a favorites folder to be displayed on the map...

    As for it saying wrong map loaded, you can only import CSV's when the lat/long in the CSV file are located on the current loaded map, otherwise it can't find the data it needs to import the favorite...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    77
    Sorry, I dont understand.
    the .dat is in the common/favorites folder and shown as favorite in CF. I can navigate to the favorites and use the nearest favorite feature, but dont see the icon on the map. the favorite.dat is called lpg.dat and I have in the same folder an icon called lpg.bmp. There is no icon folder in common/favorites.
    I ve tried using the poi directory called "Tankstelle" and renamed the lpg.dat and lpg.bmp to tankstelle.dat and tankstelle.bmp, but nothing happens. Activating the poi "Tankstelle" shows the poi-icons, but not my favorites.

  7. #7
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyunger View Post
    Sorry, I dont understand.
    the .dat is in the common/favorites folder and shown as favorite in CF. I can navigate to the favorites and use the nearest favorite feature, but dont see the icon on the map. the favorite.dat is called lpg.dat and I have in the same folder an icon called lpg.bmp. There is no icon folder in common/favorites.
    I ve tried using the poi directory called "Tankstelle" and renamed the lpg.dat and lpg.bmp to tankstelle.dat and tankstelle.bmp, but nothing happens. Activating the poi "Tankstelle" shows the poi-icons, but not my favorites.
    I will have to ask about all this... I do not have full support for showing and alerting favorites in Destinator, at least officially from Destinator yet...

    I know there are work arounds that I plan to look into, just trying to go through the proper channels first...

    I will look into this, but have to get the next release out first...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate ivanmx6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    187
    Hi David,
    Any update on showing and alerting Favourites yet?

    Would be very nice to be able to import Speed Cams and have an alert when approaching them...

Similar Threads

  1. Destinator add POIs in POI not Fav
    By BonkersDeluxe in forum GPS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 05:28 PM
  2. Wood trim look - add it to custom panels?
    By sammydafish in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 10:07 AM
  3. custom case fabrications
    By dim-8 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 03:43 AM
  4. Alturion 5, how to add poi's for carputer?
    By videodok in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 04:27 AM
  5. how do I add a sub?
    By TiTUS in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •