Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I will buy CF only if....

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5

    I will buy CF only if....

    CF is very nice Front-end and I love it. I will buy it, but only if couples of problems will be fixed.

    1st. DESTINATOR. I read somewhere that in the final product you are going to use navteq maps. Well the Greek navteq maps aren't so good but the maps from NGI are much better with more details. The problem is the Greek characters in find city menu.

    2nd.PHONECONTROL. Works perfect except reading the MC, RC and DC phonebooks. Its not bug from PhonoControl because in PhoneCtlLog.txt I can see that data are retrieved from phone and also I can see the files in the Phonebooks directory.I use UCS2 charset and UTF-16 encoding.

    Finally did you ever notice in the destinator that there is a shadow of the green arrow, which is following the sun and is disappearing when is time for sunset?
    If this is true, you can make autochange day-night skin from that.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by agkaf View Post
    CF is very nice Front-end and I love it. I will buy it, but only if couples of problems will be fixed.

    1st. DESTINATOR. I read somewhere that in the final product you are going to use navteq maps. Well the Greek navteq maps aren't so good but the maps from NGI are much better with more details. The problem is the Greek characters in find city menu.

    2nd.PHONECONTROL. Works perfect except reading the MC, RC and DC phonebooks. Its not bug from PhonoControl because in PhoneCtlLog.txt I can see that data are retrieved from phone and also I can see the files in the Phonebooks directory.I use UCS2 charset and UTF-16 encoding.

    Finally did you ever notice in the destinator that there is a shadow of the green arrow, which is following the sun and is disappearing when is time for sunset?
    If this is true, you can make autochange day-night skin from that.

    Thanks in advance.
    working on the NGI issue and the upcoming release will have full greek translations included and visual voice prompts for navigation included...

    I am working to fix the city encoding issue with NGI maps..

    the phonebook issue was already fixed and post was made with update files in the RC5 bugs thread...

    It too will be included along with about 10 other reported phone bugs that should make phone finally pretty stable...

    never noticed the green arrow, I will check that out...

    and we do not just offer Navteq maps... We can offer maps from many providers and do... Navteq is just the default standard....

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate justin146's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Oxford, MS
    Posts
    57
    I will buy it if my free version quits working.
    Turbocharged 2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD, SCT tuning software, Carputer w/ Athlon XP2600 and 8" Lilliput custom molded into dash, Terk Commander XM, Rand McNally and MapPoint, bluetooth, and 802.11x

  4. #4
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by justin146 View Post
    I will buy it if my free version quits working.

    HAHAHA. Too funny. You can COUNT on THAT!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    working on the NGI issue and the upcoming release will have full greek translations included and visual voice prompts for navigation included...

    I am working to fix the city encoding issue with NGI maps..

    the phonebook issue was already fixed and post was made with update files in the RC5 bugs thread...


    It too will be included along with about 10 other reported phone bugs that should make phone finally pretty stable...

    never noticed the green arrow, I will check that out...

    and we do not just offer Navteq maps... We can offer maps from many providers and do... Navteq is just the default standard....

    david

    Thank you David for the replay.
    About the phonebook issue, if you are talking about the PhoneCtlInterface file, i have seen that in the RC5 bugs thread and i have allready download it and install it but this is fixing only the contacts from ME and SM not the MC,DC and RC.
    I dont know if it is yours file or Zoro's file. If it is Zoro's file let him to see what he could do.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate Power_nisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    136
    Ive bough PhoneControl and i think the interface is great but the Bluetooth connection is to messed up.

    Ive tried two times about 10 hour both times.. the driver support is capped.
    ive got the sowftware worked once.

    Im gonna try again when Centrafuse have a final verison.
    __________________
    Ampie Case
    M1-ATX 90w
    EPIA ITX 1,3Ghz, Firewire
    80 GIG SATA
    512MB
    7 TFT Touch Super
    Pioner Slot in DVD-RW writer
    108 Mbit Wireless Lan
    100 M Bluetooth Range
    //Power Nisse

    My Betasite -> http://haagen.se

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    working on the NGI issue and the upcoming release will have full greek translations included and visual voice prompts for navigation included...

    I am working to fix the city encoding issue with NGI maps..
    Hey David,

    So, did I help you any with the files I sent you? Any progress with the city encoding problem?

    Really looking forward to the next release!

    Harry

  8. #8
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by HStam View Post
    Hey David,

    So, did I help you any with the files I sent you? Any progress with the city encoding problem?

    Really looking forward to the next release!

    Harry
    still working... it's basically one non properly encoding method in the Destinator SDK, I'm waiting to get a fix or progress of when I will... Once I get the file from them, it will automatically start working in Centrafuse...

    I plan to talk with them next week...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  9. #9
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    so whats the holdup at powerloc for getting d6?

  10. #10
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawJohn View Post
    so whats the holdup at powerloc for getting d6?
    I've used D6 in Centrafuse, just Centrafuse will be ready for sale before the D6 SDK will be fully tested and run through QA...

    I have plugged the alpha D6 SDK into Centrafuse and it worked, it just has bugs they have to work out...

    It won't be a big deal to upgrade, I will be getting a fully backwards compatible version...

    simply update a couple of files and you will be on the new engine...

    few months away though...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting quirk in CF 1.4
    By Don 944 LA in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:29 AM
  2. Is it me or cf?
    By Floatingpi in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 04:32 PM
  3. CF vs CF Microdrive?
    By Giuliano in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 12:48 AM
  4. XP Pro on CF card working!!
    By knubile in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •