Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: 1.6 Media Bugs

  1. #51
    Lum
    Lum is offline
    Variable Bitrate Lum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    334
    While I'm here, this is more of a feature request than a bug report. But I would really like it if there was no pause at all between songs. IE if CF could start work on processing the next MP3 before the current one is finished playing and just dump it into the sound buffer as if it were one stream.

    Anyone who has ever ripped a mixed CD, or an album where the songs run into each other slightly, will understand why this is a good thing. Perhaps it could be set at album level somewhere?

  2. #52
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Lum
    While I'm here, this is more of a feature request than a bug report. But I would really like it if there was no pause at all between songs. IE if CF could start work on processing the next MP3 before the current one is finished playing and just dump it into the sound buffer as if it were one stream.

    Anyone who has ever ripped a mixed CD, or an album where the songs run into each other slightly, will understand why this is a good thing. Perhaps it could be set at album level somewhere?
    cross fade does pretty much just that... it fades one song straight into another with no pause...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #53
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    I don't use CF normalization because the mothod implemented by CF causes the volume to vary WITHIN a song. (which really doesn't make a lot of sense to me!).

    I would like to see a better method in the future: one that normalizes ONE COMPLETE SONG volume, (up or down) to better match a theoretical 'ideal' volume. I really love the idea of having normalization in CFm but current implementation doesn't cut it -- it gets really annoying after a while.
    this is the way on-the-fly normalization works... otherwise each time you got to a song you would have to analyze the entire file and rebuild a playback routine, or rewrite the file.. not efficient and not, if any, applications implement on-the-fly normalization this way...

    the current method isn't perfect, but it's how you do on-the-fly normalization... if you want it done the other way the recommended method is for you to turn off normalization, and normalize your all your music files yourself with one of the many file normalization softwares out their... this is not on-the-fly normalization and does exactly what you want...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  4. #54
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanks for clarifying that Daivd. I thought you could do on the fly normalization for the whole song. (ie., pre-analyze the peak levels of the next song prior to playing it, and then do a one-time-only adjustment of the output volume - up or down - for that song. (behind the scenes).

    Is this not possible?
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  5. #55
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    Thanks for clarifying that Daivd. I thought you could do on the fly normalization for the whole song. (ie., pre-analyze the peak levels of the next song prior to playing it, and then do a one-time-only adjustment of the output volume - up or down - for that song. (behind the scenes).

    Is this not possible?
    It's possible, but much more complex... I will look into it after I get a lot of these other features/bugs completed...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  6. #56
    Maximum Bitrate CavityCr33p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    732
    When I hold down the Next or Previous buttons to rewind and Fast Forward, it starts rewinding/fwding for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then just goes to the previous or next song.
    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

  7. #57
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by CavityCr33p
    When I hold down the Next or Previous buttons to rewind and Fast Forward, it starts rewinding/fwding for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then just goes to the previous or next song.
    You most likely have right click functionality enabled on your touchscreen. Go to your touchscreen setup and disable hold and right click feature, then it should work.

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  8. #58
    Newbie EvilAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Merida, Mexico
    Posts
    41

    Accented characters

    The problem:

    Ok, so it just happened that media player on 1.6 wouldn't import my music, videos or anything. I followed this process:

    1. I set up my folders for music, videos and pictures. Since my OS is in spanish, my music folder is "Mi Música", my pictures folder is "Mis Imágenes" and mi video folder is "Mis Vídeos". Note that all names have accentes characters.

    2. I ran rebuild media library, and it detected nothing.

    3. I tried to browse my videos using media manager, and got the following error: "Not a valid directory". Same happened to pictures.

    The workaround:

    I checked that my folder was ok, and that i had installed audio drivers. Then i realized the issue might be with accented characters. So i opened the config.xml file, and looked under <MUSICPATH> and <VIDEOPATH>. It had some kind of code (i guess its unicode or something) to represent the accented character. So i changed that code for the appropriate character, saved the file and reopened it on Internet Explorer. I got a message telling me there was an error with an unsupported character.
    Being a bit curious, I opened my old CF1.5 installation folder (on another computer) and found that 1.5's XML had the accented characters on the folder path, not the code. If i opened this XML on IE, it would show it with no problems. So my guess its some kind of difference between both XML's because one supports accented characters and the other one doesnt.

    So i copied the old CF 1.5 config file, and copied/pasted the entire content of the 1.6 file on the 1.5 file, so i would have a 1.6 XML with accented character support. Then edited the MUSICPATH and videopath for this:

    <APPCONFIG>
    <VIDEOEXT>avi|qt|mov|mpg|mpeg|m1v|wmv|bin</VIDEOEXT>
    <APPLANG>English</APPLANG>
    <MUSICPATH>C:\Documents and Settings\Gilberto\Mis documentos\Mi música</MUSICPATH>
    <VIDEOPATH>C:\Documents and Settings\Gilberto\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos\</VIDEOPATH>


    I had to add an extra slash at the end of the videopath, and picturepath since i kept getting the invalid directory error. However when i go to the video section in media library, my first selection (which should be "mis vídeos") is blank. Same happens for pics. My guess here is the difference in the browsing method because music uses a media library, but videos/pics just lets you browse the files.

    This is indeed a bug, since it was ok on 1.5, and now it presents an issue.
    By the way I'm no XML programmer, so most of these are guesses, but they have proved apparently right, since now i have imported everything. The point is it shouldn't happen.

    Other than that, this program is just awesome, and it runs faster than 1.5 (for me at least)

    El Volcho is in progress...
    Got almost everything

    -Via EPIA M10000, Super 7'' Touchscreen, Morex Cubid 3677 Case, Fujitsu 40Gb, 512DDR RAM, Sony DVD-CDRW...

    Planning 80%
    Parts 60%
    Building 40%

  9. #59
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilAngel
    The problem:

    Ok, so it just happened that media player on 1.6 wouldn't import my music, videos or anything. I followed this process:

    1. I set up my folders for music, videos and pictures. Since my OS is in spanish, my music folder is "Mi Música", my pictures folder is "Mis Imágenes" and mi video folder is "Mis Vídeos". Note that all names have accentes characters.

    2. I ran rebuild media library, and it detected nothing.

    3. I tried to browse my videos using media manager, and got the following error: "Not a valid directory". Same happened to pictures.

    The workaround:

    I checked that my folder was ok, and that i had installed audio drivers. Then i realized the issue might be with accented characters. So i opened the config.xml file, and looked under <MUSICPATH> and <VIDEOPATH>. It had some kind of code (i guess its unicode or something) to represent the accented character. So i changed that code for the appropriate character, saved the file and reopened it on Internet Explorer. I got a message telling me there was an error with an unsupported character.
    Being a bit curious, I opened my old CF1.5 installation folder (on another computer) and found that 1.5's XML had the accented characters on the folder path, not the code. If i opened this XML on IE, it would show it with no problems. So my guess its some kind of difference between both XML's because one supports accented characters and the other one doesnt.

    So i copied the old CF 1.5 config file, and copied/pasted the entire content of the 1.6 file on the 1.5 file, so i would have a 1.6 XML with accented character support. Then edited the MUSICPATH and videopath for this:

    <APPCONFIG>
    <VIDEOEXT>avi|qt|mov|mpg|mpeg|m1v|wmv|bin</VIDEOEXT>
    <APPLANG>English</APPLANG>
    <MUSICPATH>C:\Documents and Settings\Gilberto\Mis documentos\Mi música</MUSICPATH>
    <VIDEOPATH>C:\Documents and Settings\Gilberto\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos\</VIDEOPATH>


    I had to add an extra slash at the end of the videopath, and picturepath since i kept getting the invalid directory error. However when i go to the video section in media library, my first selection (which should be "mis vídeos") is blank. Same happens for pics. My guess here is the difference in the browsing method because music uses a media library, but videos/pics just lets you browse the files.

    This is indeed a bug, since it was ok on 1.5, and now it presents an issue.
    By the way I'm no XML programmer, so most of these are guesses, but they have proved apparently right, since now i have imported everything. The point is it shouldn't happen.

    Other than that, this program is just awesome, and it runs faster than 1.5 (for me at least)
    Take the ending backslash '\' off of the video and picture path and then they should work fine. The problem is I HTMLEncode all input now, which I did not do previously. This was to ensure that people could enter characters without breaking the XML...

    It appears the html encoding is breaking spanish letters... I will look into this...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #60
    Newbie EvilAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Merida, Mexico
    Posts
    41
    The problem is that if I take the backslash i will get an "invalid directory" error message

    El Volcho is in progress...
    Got almost everything

    -Via EPIA M10000, Super 7'' Touchscreen, Morex Cubid 3677 Case, Fujitsu 40Gb, 512DDR RAM, Sony DVD-CDRW...

    Planning 80%
    Parts 60%
    Building 40%

Similar Threads

  1. Software Review: Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition!
    By nFiniteTuning in forum The Review Palace
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
  2. Centrafuse 1.6 Bugs
    By Mbai2 in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
  3. 1.6 Bugs (sorry)
    By GReeToZ in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
  4. Beyond Media out tomorrow!!!
    By Defiler in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 01:27 AM
  5. neocar media center EN version, here it is :)
    By netsuo in forum NeoCar Media Center
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •