single click issues are known...
I will look into the hang on cancel on the tag reader...
I use to play that way until I fixed all my tag information... It shouldn't be a big deal to add...
I found some minor bugs in the installer.
1) Uninstalling RC1 failed due to insufficient disk space on C:\ (I have CF installed on D:\) fixed by temporarily disabling hibernate to get 480mb back)
2) Installing RC2 wrongly claims that I need 79MB of free space on C:\, (again, temporaily disabling hibernate fixes this problem)
3) The text that appears in the top bar, just below the titlebar and to the left of the CF logo uses a font that is not present on my system and thus becomes a very blocky large version of MS Sans Serif
4) The installer window is too tall to display on an 852x480 screen, even with the taskbar positioned over to the side. The scrollbar is appreciated but would it be possible to make it a lot smaller please?
Not found any major bugs with the app itself yet, a couple of minor ones though.
It sometimes takes a very long time to respond to mousedown / mouseup events, something which is made doubly annoying by the fact that it queues them. examples:
1) Press pause
2) Wait 5 seconds, nothing happens
3) Assume you missed so press it again
4) Wait another 5 seconds, music stops then instantly starts again.
1) Press Volume down and release
2) Volume dialogue box appears, volume drops to zero and does not go away
3) 5 seconds later it goes away, press volume up and it goes all the way to max again.
In both cases, removing my USB memory key (that was there when CF started) seemed to reduce the issue, but there is still sometimes a 2 second delay on the pause button.
My H10 has about 800 WMA tracks on it. When I plug it into my desktop, Media Player pops up it's small dialog and just flys through the drive looking for things it doesn't already know about. When there's nothing new on the drive, it's ready to go in about 20 seconds.
When I do this with CF running, it takes forever - about 10 minutes, it seems to be pulling tags from EVERYTHING, not just new stuff.
When we looked at this problem with our player firmware core (used by IRiver, Apple iPod, Samsung, Creative and others) we built a local database of tracks along with the drive letter you found them on. That will give you enough to create a unique key that you can search on. When you see a player connect, start ripping through the drive, building a key. If the key's in the DB, skip it, if not, parse the track and add the key.
It creates an issue with managing deletions, but that's an easier problem to solve than making the user wait minutes each time the player's plugged in.
I have it on my list of things to speed up and look into, data CD and USB devices load time...
The initial scan of the library will take some time, but you should only have to do that once... We also plan to build a service that monitors your music directories so you do not have to rebuilt the library when you add music via copying from a drive or network...
There ya' go... now I like you again.We also plan to build a service that monitors your music directories so you do not have to rebuilt the library when you add music via copying from a drive or network...