Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114

Thread: Centrafuse RC4 Bugs

  1. #81
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by chapstick View Post
    Hey thanks a lot zorro! That worked perfectly. But instead of re-running the wizard I just took the exe file that was in that zip and replaced the one on my WM5 phone with it.
    Perfect. That's the easier way if you know where to put it.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  2. #82
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by VMS View Post
    Got the same problem, but mine happens randomly. I've had RC4 for 2 days on the PC and its the first time i got it. One you get it, you seem to get it more and more often. Can you look into this david?
    This is happening to me since RC3 (or was it 3.1? not sure?) and I'm getting this messages quite randomly. I got a hunch this has something to do with connectivity to the internet since normally this happens when I am connected to WLAN when I leave the house and then after some time it, of course, disconnects. I don't have DUN set up, so the only internet connectivity is with WLAN - this could be some issue with that. I was hoping this will be gone with RC4 and it just keeps reoccuring. David, what was done differently than with previous releases? This never happened on RC2 and older versions. Error.log does not seem to contain any relevant information (though, I admit, I wasn't looking at it now with RC4, so gotta check whether something is different now with error reporting).

    But, otherwise, David, so I won't just bi*ch around, my compliments for the new release, it seems that things are getting better and better; I love the fact that media player again knows how to read ID3 tags properly and I haven't stumbled across the problem of it not going to the next track yet when crossfading is on - but first I have to check with some other folders, where I have more VBR files.

  3. #83
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    77
    I've been having another issue where the time elapsed or remaining jumps around...I think someone mentioned this before having to do with VBR files...I think it may also happen with m4a files.

  4. #84
    Low Bitrate DaKyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDubya View Post
    I've been having another issue where the time elapsed or remaining jumps around...I think someone mentioned this before having to do with VBR files...I think it may also happen with m4a files.
    Do you have to click for next song or does it shift automaticly?

  5. #85
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by andro View Post
    ...and I haven't stumbled across the problem of it not going to the next track yet when crossfading is on - but first I have to check with some other folders, where I have more VBR files.
    Unfortunatelly, I was wrong here. Crossfading still doesn't work with VBR files. Just checked today when driving home
    And again, on the subject of crashing. I noticed today that in the middle of nowhere where surely there is no WLAN available, the connection sign was green (and when it crashed, the wlan manager said that there's no networks available). Soon after that, CF crashed. I'm really starting to think it's related to connectivity. I'll try to disable wlan altogether and see whether it still crashes.

    Does anybody that has got this problem also a similar (wlan-wise) config?

    Oh yes, again, nothing in error.log. Just old stuff from Oct 9 when it last crashed and I had to start it again, but nothing noteworthy.

  6. #86
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKyy View Post
    Do you have to click for next song or does it shift automaticly?
    I know for some files I have to press next (at least one of which is CBR), I'm not sure if there are any that I don't have to press next for.

  7. #87
    Low Bitrate DaKyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by andro View Post
    Unfortunatelly, I was wrong here. Crossfading still doesn't work with VBR files. Just checked today when driving home
    And again, on the subject of crashing. I noticed today that in the middle of nowhere where surely there is no WLAN available, the connection sign was green (and when it crashed, the wlan manager said that there's no networks available). Soon after that, CF crashed. I'm really starting to think it's related to connectivity. I'll try to disable wlan altogether and see whether it still crashes.

    Does anybody that has got this problem also a similar (wlan-wise) config?

    Oh yes, again, nothing in error.log. Just old stuff from Oct 9 when it last crashed and I had to start it again, but nothing noteworthy.
    Well as I said earlier that same dialog box appeared to me after dialing an internet connection with the CF built in DUN (and the "connecting" box didn't disappear). So I'll bet it does have something to do with it. Haven't gotten that since - because I haven't used the DUN.

  8. #88
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    62
    GPS speed in metric is still way off (gotta check imperial once if it's better). Or, better said, when I was driving at around 80kmph, it was showing some 60-65kmph, when I went slower, it also went linearly lower. But when I was driving at around 140kmph, it showed, well, zero. So I guess the math here is still a tad wrong.

  9. #89
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    Bugs?:

    1. When I'm playing a DVD hitting the pause button does not pause playback. (Just tested on desktop and works, but not in car. Maybe something on my end - I'll keep playing with it.)

    2. EQ setting not saved. Setting is always set back to default (level) after exit and restart.

    3. Media does not save my viz preference. My preferred viz is the album covers; however, there is always some other viz loaded when I restart after exit.

    Observation (not a bug):

    Would it make more sense to put the scroll buttons for the web browser on the right side of the screen rather than the left? With the buttons on the left, the user's hand and arm largely obscure the page being browsed. With the buttons on the right, users would be able to see the screen better while scrolling. I assume the buttons were placed on the left to make the reach easier, but there really shouldn't be much problem reaching them on the right. Food for thought.

  10. #90
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    David,

    I have tried the DVD pause in my car using multiple DVDs and it doesn't work. As I said above, it works fine on my desktop. Any idea what might be going on?

Similar Threads

  1. Centrafuse RC3.1 Bugs
    By veetid in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 06:11 PM
  2. Centrafuse RC4 Release Notes
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 04:27 PM
  3. Centrafuse 1.5 Bugs
    By veetid in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 08:03 PM
  4. Centrafuse 1.4 Bugs
    By veetid in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 10:58 PM
  5. Centrafuse 1.3 Bugs
    By rickster in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 330
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 08:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •