Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: No Sound in Centrafuse after Hibernate

  1. #11
    Newbie esvcasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Salvador, El Salvador
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by barmy View Post
    Hi!

    whenever i resume my laptop from Hibernation i have no Sound in Centrafuse... (if i switch to Windows while centrafuse is running.. i can listen to mp3s with Winamp... therefore i don't think its a driver problem...)
    After restarting centrafuse (not Windows!!!) i get sound.
    what could cause this problem??? i don't want to restart centrafuse everytime i resume from hibernate...

    Barmy

    I get the same problem, but not when resuming (I donīt hybernate my PC)... I get it about half the time when booting up normaly. I have to restart CF to get it working again (restarting CF restores the sound every simgle time I have the problem).

    It is not that I canīt hear the music while it plays... CF seems to not even play the music (no song name scrolling on top, no visualization movement, no song time changing, etc.).

    I have onboard sound from a Jetway motherboard... and the problem has not always been present. I started getting the problem about a week ago. Before that, I went several weeks without a problem. I have done NO modifications to the setup at all... so I know it is not a driver or reconfiguration problem.

    I also have tried removing it (erasing manually the fluxmedia directory and everything in it), and reinstalling it... the problem is still there about half the times I start the car.

    Later,
    Carlos

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by esvcasm View Post
    I get the same problem, but not when resuming (I donīt hybernate my PC)... I get it about half the time when booting up normaly. I have to restart CF to get it working again (restarting CF restores the sound every simgle time I have the problem).

    It is not that I canīt hear the music while it plays... CF seems to not even play the music (no song name scrolling on top, no visualization movement, no song time changing, etc.).

    I have onboard sound from a Jetway motherboard... and the problem has not always been present. I started getting the problem about a week ago. Before that, I went several weeks without a problem. I have done NO modifications to the setup at all... so I know it is not a driver or reconfiguration problem.

    I also have tried removing it (erasing manually the fluxmedia directory and everything in it), and reinstalling it... the problem is still there about half the times I start the car.

    Later,
    Carlos
    your issue sounds like Centrafuse is loading before your audio driver somehow... The issue you describe is the same as if you disable the soundcard completly and it does not exist...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #13
    Newbie esvcasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Salvador, El Salvador
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid View Post
    your issue sounds like Centrafuse is loading before your audio driver somehow... The issue you describe is the same as if you disable the soundcard completly and it does not exist...

    david

    You are right. If I set Centrafuse to not start as the system shell it works just fine. I guess if it doesnīt start as the shell it does in fact give the system enough time to load the audio driver.

    Is there any way to delay it somehow so it can still run as the shell and give the system time to load the driver?

    Thanks,
    Carlos

  4. #14
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by esvcasm View Post
    You are right. If I set Centrafuse to not start as the system shell it works just fine. I guess if it doesnīt start as the shell it does in fact give the system enough time to load the audio driver.

    Is there any way to delay it somehow so it can still run as the shell and give the system time to load the driver?

    Thanks,
    Carlos
    seems like when running as shell it is loading before your audio drivers... I have not had this issue before, not sure...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Audio problems, Epia Sound, and FAQ stuff
    By gothate in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 04:04 PM
  2. Audio crash after hibernate (USB alerts)
    By Peoples in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
  3. Sound card reccomendation for **music**
    By TWBarrett in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
  4. Pro Logic vs digital surround sound
    By lookinco in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 09:29 AM
  5. got sound?
    By masch in forum Newbie
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 09:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •