Audio problems when making a phone call
This is my first carputer so be gentle with me please.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and Centrafuse 3 installed. My mobile phone has been properly paired within Centrafuse settings and is sort of working, but with an audio delay. When I try to make a call on my mobile phone the music mutes as it should. The problem is that I don't hear the dial tone, nor the tones as the numbers are dialed, nor the sound of it ringing. Nor does the little window with the green and red handset symbols appear straight away. If the person I am calling picks up their phone quickly I don't hear them either so I don't say anything which results in them hanging up. If I call my home phone the answer machine is set to let the phone ring about 10 times before it answers. In my car I only hear about two rings, not 10, before the greating message and I can record a message. So there is a delay of about 8 rings before the audio kicks in, not a situation I can tolerate.
There is another problem that has just started too. When I start my car, and the carputer resumes from Hibernate, CF will start up again but I get about 10 error messages pop up saying something about a "Destinator dll file not found" and others saying something about "Multiple instances". So I close all of these and sometimes CF will behave as if it is working untill I press the "Nav" button and try to use Destinator 9. At this point the system freezes and I have to reboot. Other times after closing all the error messages CF will shut down and I'm sent to the desktop but without the taskbar so I have to reboot the system. I try to start CF after the reboot and get one of the above things happen each time.
I need to have a reliable system in my car as I am a professional driver, no not a taxi or limo driver, who spends all day on the road. My ambition for my carputer was to have everything I use all in one unit, not have multiple devices such as bluetooth hands free phone, GPS unit, MP3 player, you get the idea. If I can't get both of these issues sorted out then I will scrap the carputer and use whatever parts I can in my desktop PC's
So if anyone out there can help me with these issues please reply with anything you think is useful. The life of my carputer may depend on your help.
I don't have enough hair left for this!
Thanks for the info about Centrafuse 3.5. I've had to walk away from the carputer project for a while before it drives me :nutz:.
Its frustrating in more than one way for me. On one hand I have a desktop running Windows XP SP3 and CF, Destinator, etc. is working perfectly on this system. Its taunting me!!! On the other hand I have my carputer running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and had it working in my car for a couple of months before it went FUBAR on me. Now that's just not fair. One thing I have tried to do is format the SSD in the carputer and install Windows XP, seeing as the software seems to run stable on the XP system and not on the Win 7 system. I had to go with Win 7 on the carputer because, for some reason I haven't figured out yet, I can't get past the stage after Setup has finished loading the initial files from the CD. What happens every time is just as Setup is starting the install process the system crashes to a blue screen (BSOD). I can only assume that for some reason XP doesn't find the SSD and the install fails and BSODs. So for this reason I can't experiment to see if running XP on my carputer will fix my problems. I've never used an SSD before so if anyone can tell me if this is normal and knows how to install XP onto an SSD then please tell me, I'd be very greatful for the info. :hail:
One thing I have observed is that when I can get CF to run everything except navigation works as it should. But as soon as I press the Nav button the error messages start popping up and the system freezes. Sometimes I can give it the three fingured salute and shut it down with Task Manager, other times I have to press the reset button. When CF is working enough to let me get at the settings I go to the navigation settings and select None instead of Destinator and the system runs as it should, minus navigation of course. I haven't tested to see if the delayed audio during phone call problem I mentioned in an earlier post is there when I do this. So it would seem the problem is that Destinator and CF don't want to work together on my carputer. I don't understand how everything can work perfectly for a couple of months then suddenly FUBAR and stay FUBAR even after formating the SSD and a clean install of Win 7 and associated software and drivers. Doing this should have solved everything, at least for a couple of months before it FUBARs again. Maybe using an alternative such as Garmin Mobile PC may work, but I'm reluctant to throw more money at software/hardware and risk still having a dud, as I need to save now for something that will work.
At least with computers being a hobby I can make use of most of the hardware from the carputer so its not a complete loss. I may even turn it into a portable Jukebox with touch screen interface. The SSD from it would be a good upgrade to my HTPC too.