Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: OBDII Plugin Changes/Fixes - BETA Testers Needed

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    164
    smeesseman and/or veetid, i just got my Elmscan ISO USB (elm323) today and hooked it up.
    the problem is that the obdII plugin cannot connect to the ecu. it communicated back and forth a couple times (lights on the unit), but never connects and gives up after about 30 seconds.
    however, the scantool program works just fine, no problems. i have the plugin set up exactly like the scantool program is set up, com4 baud 9600.
    i even tried launching the scantool program from CF... works fine. no dice for the plugin though
    my elmscan firmware is revision 2.0 if that helps... car is '06 subaru impreza
    any ideas?

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    smeesseman and/or veetid, i just got my Elmscan ISO USB (elm323) today and hooked it up.
    the problem is that the obdII plugin cannot connect to the ecu. it communicated back and forth a couple times (lights on the unit), but never connects and gives up after about 30 seconds.
    however, the scantool program works just fine, no problems. i have the plugin set up exactly like the scantool program is set up, com4 baud 9600.
    i even tried launching the scantool program from CF... works fine. no dice for the plugin though
    my elmscan firmware is revision 2.0 if that helps... car is '06 subaru impreza
    any ideas?
    make sure you do not have navigation set to COM4... You can also enable logging in OBDII and post the log for more information...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    164
    nav is COM3. i know its not a problem with the obdii interfering or getting interfered w/ because the scantool program works fine with everything else running.... but the plugin doesn't work no matter what.

    I'll have the log either after lunch when i can run out to my car (i love my carpc muhaha) or after work.

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    164
    Well, i got bored so here is the log. i also threw in the config.xml (rename to .txt so i could upload it) for good measure.

    note that this is with the beta obdii.dll in this thread... before that i tried the dll that came with 2.0 of CF (not sure if they were the same one or not).. same result....

    the log looks like it cant communicate past the device ID query....
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #15
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    Well, i got bored so here is the log. i also threw in the config.xml (rename to .txt so i could upload it) for good measure.

    note that this is with the beta obdii.dll in this thread... before that i tried the dll that came with 2.0 of CF (not sure if they were the same one or not).. same result....

    the log looks like it cant communicate past the device ID query....
    I will look into this when I get a chance. Your obdii is reporting an error when sending the ATSI command. I'll get back to you within a few days...

    EDIT:
    The Elm323 Spec states that the ATSI command must be sent for initialization. However in your case when we send this command we are receiving a bus init error. I will build you a test plugin that will bypass this init command to see what results you get, keep watching the thread I'll post a download link when I have time to recompile everything...

  6. #16
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    Well, i got bored so here is the log. i also threw in the config.xml (rename to .txt so i could upload it) for good measure.

    note that this is with the beta obdii.dll in this thread... before that i tried the dll that came with 2.0 of CF (not sure if they were the same one or not).. same result....

    the log looks like it cant communicate past the device ID query....
    OK I put up a sample build of the obdii.dll. Try this one and send me the log if problem persists...

    http://www.scottpm.com/cf/plugins/obdii_test323v2.zip

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    164
    thanks smeesseman, i will try this first thing in the morning

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    164
    It works perfectly, thanks smeesseman. would you be interested in the log from your fix running on my system?

  9. #19
    VENDOR - Centrafuse smeesseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    It works perfectly, thanks smeesseman. would you be interested in the log from your fix running on my system?
    no, no need for that, you can turn the logger off in settings too, it actually improves performance by about 50ms per sensor being read...

    glad your up and running, I will report it to Flux to get the Flux downloadable installer updated...

  10. #20
    Maximum Bitrate NiSlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    508
    With ELM 327 based modules (and possibly others too) the ATRV command returns the current voltage of the vehicles electrical system. Is there a way to get this integrated into CF's OBD plugin? It would not only be good to have to keep an eye on but to be able to set warnings for low voltage (and warnings for the rest of the sensors as well btw) and even shut the carpc down if the voltage reached a preset voltage ie. too low.
    I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RR 04-08-05 .. BETA Base Plugin ...
    By guino in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:39 AM
  2. slide show plugin for winamp 3 needed
    By babas151 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 12:24 PM
  3. Winamp LCD display plugin / IRMan plugin - together?
    By Jarrod in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 06:39 AM
  4. winamp audio CD plugin needed
    By babas151 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2002, 04:47 PM
  5. Blackwind's keypad plugin v2.0 beta released
    By Blackwind in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2001, 04:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •