Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Freecom DVB-T USB2 stick

  1. #1
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790

    Cool Freecom DVB-T USB2 stick

    anyone fancy doing a plugin for the Freecom USB2 DVB-T stick.

    I have just bought one and it is great at picking up radio and free to air digital TV. From what I've read its pants when moving, but I don't intend to watch TV whilst driving, so thats fine

    I have absolutely no idea where to begin integrating this device into CF!

    I can let people have any of the supplied software they might need for testing/eval...


    Come on all you programmers, who's up for a challenge? Or who can help me learn?

  2. #2
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawJohn
    anyone fancy doing a plugin for the Freecom USB2 DVB-T stick.

    I have just bought one and it is great at picking up radio and free to air digital TV. From what I've read its pants when moving, but I don't intend to watch TV whilst driving, so thats fine

    I have absolutely no idea where to begin integrating this device into CF!

    I can let people have any of the supplied software they might need for testing/eval...


    Come on all you programmers, who's up for a challenge? Or who can help me learn?
    Does the company who created the stick have an SDK? If so find it for me and I will take a look at it... If not then it's a little more complex...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #3
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    I'll go email them now and see

    Cheers David

  4. #4
    FLAC coucouillu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FRANCE
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawJohn
    I'll go email them now and see

    Cheers David
    You coukd also tell them why we want these SDK :

    For integration in a front end ... and that could make their sales...and so they would consider your request better...

  5. #5
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    This is what I sent them... Fingers Crossed


    I am involved in testing some software for CarPC's and we are currently trying to integrate the Freecom DVB-T stick into 2 touchscreen friendly front end programs called Centrafuse (www.centrafuse.com) and RoadRunner (http://guino.home.insightbb.com/roadrunner.html)

    Centra's & RR's developers have asked if I would find out whether or not there is an SDK in existance that would help immensly with integration and producing plugins.

    Any help you can offer would be much appreciated, and would probably generate more sales as a lot of people on www.mp3car.com and www.digital-car.co.uk are waiting with baited breath for a solution which is integrated into the current crop of front end software.

    Regards,

    John

  6. #6
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    I contacted Broadcom about the DVB-T stick and the posibility of getting access to the SDK... Guess what? They didn't make the stick or the software! All they do is brand it and pack it up. They won't disclose the manufacturer either as they had to sign a NDA.
    I've asked them if they will contact the makers with my request but as of yet had no reply.

    Does anyone if this unit can this be controlled using sendkeys in VB?

  7. #7
    Constant Bitrate avengerki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    160
    Have you tried contacting Freecom? Just curious since I saw that you had contacted broadcom and in your title it says Freecom and when I do a search I find freecom but not broadcom?
    http://www.freecom.com/ecProduct_det...%2DT+USB+Stick
    Avengerki
    PC Install: 85%
    Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
    Software install and setup: 35%
    Entertainment Package: 85%

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    If you are lucky you stick suports BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture)

    If it does

    You could try the TV plug in for WINAMP
    http://www.tv-plugin.com/index.php?id=5,0,0,1,0,0

    or try a making a VB Script (Example is for Sydney Australia just change Bandwidth and carrierFrequency)

    '(Paste below into notepad and save as 'test.hta')

    <html>
    <title>TV Tunner</title>

    <HTA:APPLICATION ID="TVTest">


    <head><body>

    <OBJECT ID="MSVidCtl" CLASSID="CLSID:B0EDF163-910A-11D2-B632-00C04F79498E" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%"></OBJECT>

    </body></head>

    <script language=vbscript>

    Dim objTuner
    Dim objTSContainer
    Dim objTuningSpace
    Dim objTuneRequest
    Dim objLocator

    Set objTSContainer = CreateObject("BDATuner.SystemTuningSpaces")
    Set objTuningSpace = objTSContainer("DVB-T")
    Set objTuneRequest = objTuningSpace.CreateTuneRequest
    Set objLocator = CreateObject("BDATuner.DVBTLocator")

    objLocator.Bandwidth = 7 ' Set for Bandwidth
    objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 226500 ' Frequency of tv station (Hard Coded to abc hd Sydney)
    objTuneRequest.Locator = objLocator

    MSVidCtl.MaintainAspectRatio = "False"
    MSVidCtl.View objTuneRequest
    MSVidCtl.Run

    </Script>
    </html>



    edit: To make it easier to read.

  9. #9
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by avengerki
    Have you tried contacting Freecom? Just curious since I saw that you had contacted broadcom and in your title it says Freecom and when I do a search I find freecom but not broadcom?
    http://www.freecom.com/ecProduct_det...%2DT+USB+Stick
    Yes its a typo... They are only resellers and as such have had to sign a NDA which prevents them from giving me any further contact info. I asked them to forward my enquiry to the relevant company but since then they have not replied

  10. #10
    FLAC ShawJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    On the edge!
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmack
    If you are lucky you stick suports BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture)

    If it does

    You could try the TV plug in for WINAMP
    http://www.tv-plugin.com/index.php?id=5,0,0,1,0,0

    or try a making a VB Script (Example is for Sydney Australia just change Bandwidth and carrierFrequency)

    '(Paste below into notepad and save as 'test.hta')

    <html>
    <title>TV Tunner</title>

    <HTA:APPLICATION ID="TVTest">


    <head><body>

    <OBJECT ID="MSVidCtl" CLASSID="CLSID:B0EDF163-910A-11D2-B632-00C04F79498E" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%"></OBJECT>

    </body></head>

    <script language=vbscript>

    Dim objTuner
    Dim objTSContainer
    Dim objTuningSpace
    Dim objTuneRequest
    Dim objLocator

    Set objTSContainer = CreateObject("BDATuner.SystemTuningSpaces")
    Set objTuningSpace = objTSContainer("DVB-T")
    Set objTuneRequest = objTuningSpace.CreateTuneRequest
    Set objLocator = CreateObject("BDATuner.DVBTLocator")

    objLocator.Bandwidth = 7
    'objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 226500 ' Hard Coded to abc hd Sydney
    objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 571500 ' Hard Coded to sds hd Sydney
    'objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 177500 ' Hard Coded to 7 hd Sydney
    'objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 191625 ' Hard Coded to 9 Sydney
    'objLocator.CarrierFrequency = 219500 ' Hard Coded to 10 hd Sydney
    objTuneRequest.Locator = objLocator

    MSVidCtl.MaintainAspectRatio = "False"
    MSVidCtl.View objTuneRequest
    MSVidCtl.Run

    </Script>
    </html>

    Cheers, will try this soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. USB2 device on USB1.1 Hub...
    By MC_Stoo in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
  2. RR Interchange - Update RR via a USB Media Stick
    By Gobby in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 04:48 PM
  3. 5" USB2 CONNECTED!!! LCD with touchscreen and 450cd/m2
    By Scouse Monkey in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 04:56 PM
  4. USB2 or FireWire?
    By SoFlaLude in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:56 PM
  5. Booting with USB memory stick
    By Fluffy in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •