Coming Soon: Metro Sex on the Beach skin for Centrafuse.
So this is what I'm working on for a while. Blatantly inspired by Windows 8 UI, which in turn is inspired by Windows Phone 7's Metro UI.
1. No top bar, CF's first?
2. No freaking clock.
3. No volume buttons in the main screen. You should use a physical button, like this one.
4. No emboss, no fake "shades" to help the illusion it's something real physical to touch.
5. No glossy iPhone like pretty 3D icons. I have no talent to do that anyway.
6. Not a headunit wannabe, that is:
No aluminum texture, rubber texture, shiny "metal" stuff.
7. No "frames" around buttons, text, idiot lights. Why frames? It's not a freaking scrap book. :eek:
8. COLORS. I'm sick and tired of what I call Android-like "boyish cool" skins that pretend it's a predator lunar spaceship command center. All gloomy and black is cool, teenager style. In a car? No thanks.
I'd rather have something that looks family friendly. The carputer is used by me, my wife, my daughters, I don't want them to think they will launch a rocket while navigating the UI.
All this doesn't mean it's better than most, of course. But it's what I like, and I miss it. It's all digital, flat, minimalistic. Buttons and colors are there for contrast purposes. That's all.
I also of course had to make some choices to make it usable in the car, so it's far from being close to Metro UI. Plus it's my first skin, and I'm not a designer by any means.
So this is the inspiration:
And this is how it's looking now.