Here I started to work on a skin I figured I would post my progress. I was imspired by both the new CF skin and the polaris skin. Also it has my attempt at making the viewing area "larger". Some of the buttons are a lot larger then the CF skin buttons, most of them are at least the same size the current skin uses.
Bottom Button Changes
I know the icons would be done better and some of them are missing. Some of them will be removed with this skin and other will be relocated. Quick run down of that...
Close button will be relocated and merged with the menu button. I find myself using the close button and selecting items from the home menu rather then using the dropdown menu. However I plan on making sure the dropdown menu is going to be kept around.
So the menu button will function like this. 60% of it will be the close button and the other 40% will be the dropdown. (Think of how the playlist/eject button is on media player).
I have it on the skin right now, I use the voice commands and often have to disable it when a lot of people are in the car. I will probably remove it since I need to have a place for the random button.
*Heres hoping that David places it back in the media*
Removed... Because I can't do the visuals on my system also, fullscreen video isn't controled by this button. So playing movies on the main or second screen is still controled in the media.