Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: WTB: Pic Microcontrollers

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate KyleYankan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    491

    WTB: Pic Microcontrollers

    Hi everyone. I'm new to the Pic microcontrollers scene, and actually don't have any. I've been suggested by numerous sources to go with anyhting form the 16f series. I'd be willing to paypal $$, or trade an old ISA TV tuner card.

    So does anyone have any pics they are willing to trade/sell?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleYankan
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the Pic microcontrollers scene, and actually don't have any. I've been suggested by numerous sources to go with anyhting form the 16f series. I'd be willing to paypal $$, or trade an old ISA TV tuner card.

    So does anyone have any pics they are willing to trade/sell?
    Go and order some samples from microchips. You are allows to order up to 5 at a time. I ordered 6 USB PIC by mistake, supposed to be only 5, they send it to me anyway...just dont abuse it you be fine.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736
    Go and build the ICD2 clone I showed you. You got to build a cheap serial port based programmer first to get the boatloader in.

  4. #4
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleYankan
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the Pic microcontrollers scene, and actually don't have any. I've been suggested by numerous sources to go with anyhting form the 16f series. I'd be willing to paypal $$, or trade an old ISA TV tuner card.

    So does anyone have any pics they are willing to trade/sell?
    Check out sparkfun.com or phanderson(seller on ebay), they're relatively cheap (most 16f are a few bucks), might want to get a PG2 or PG1 programmer. They're cheap. I got mine from phanderson on ebay for like 15 dollars. An olimex proto board can be had for about 20 from sparkfun with a pic, max232 (for serial io) and voltage regulaor, etc/

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate KyleYankan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31
    Go and order some samples from microchips. You are allows to order up to 5 at a time. I ordered 6 USB PIC by mistake, supposed to be only 5, they send it to me anyway...just dont abuse it you be fine.

    What's the website, and do they just send samples to anyone? I'm alsoh alfway done a parallel programmer too :-P

    BTw, just to make sure I'm not dumb: a 16F can be re-written multiple times, right?

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate KyleYankan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    491
    I found the Microchips sample site. I chose 3 PIC16F627A-I/P and 1 PIC16F716-I/P

    How often can I place sample orders from this company :-P.

    Still waiting for the confirmation e-mail.

  7. #7
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleYankan
    I found the Microchips sample site. I chose 3 PIC16F627A-I/P and 1 PIC16F716-I/P

    How often can I place sample orders from this company :-P.

    Still waiting for the confirmation e-mail.
    Not sure, but PICs are useable. You can keep burning and burning them. I imagine 5 will keep you busy for a bit. I have dozens of them, but I've only used 3 or 4 permenantly so far.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleYankan
    I found the Microchips sample site. I chose 3 PIC16F627A-I/P and 1 PIC16F716-I/P

    How often can I place sample orders from this company :-P.

    Still waiting for the confirmation e-mail.
    I dont even know how many times you can ask for. But yeah 4 samples is more than enough to play with.

    You should get the email soon, last time I ordered some 16F870s took about a week, samples is comming from thailand. The newer USB PIC took 3 weeks due to limited supplies. You will get them, they are very good.

  9. #9
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    you can order 5 sample items 5 times.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

  10. #10
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31
    I dont even know how many times you can ask for. But yeah 4 samples is more than enough to play with.

    You should get the email soon, last time I ordered some 16F870s took about a week, samples is comming from thailand. The newer USB PIC took 3 weeks due to limited supplies. You will get them, they are very good.
    I've never requested samples from them, just bought them, but I think maybe I'll sample some of the USB pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. m1-atx pic blank
    By kyrenia in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 01:05 PM
  2. OBD2 PIC code.
    By racemier in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 12:10 PM
  3. PIC programming how to
    By MatrixPC in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:13 PM
  4. Using a PIC with Zehnder's LCDplugin - First Time Programing.
    By Machs_FueL in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2002, 03:12 AM
  5. Can someone write me a PIC program 4 a awesome s/down controller please?
    By gizmos in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2000, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •