I built this Car PC for my subaru forester and planned to enter the car in SQ (sound quality) competitions after I built the sound system. I had my car all wired up, touch screen installed, but never installed the PC. I had it on my desk tweaking the front end but could just never find time to get it perfectly the way I wanted. As time went on, it just slipped out of my mind and I eventually decided to just let the idea go, and sell everything since I'm getting along just fine without the CarPC.
So here it all is. I will sell the Carpc, Lilliput, and Shark (Samsung board) separately, but at this time I don't want to part out the computer. I'd like to sell the PC as a whole.
Pictures are at the end of the post.
All prices include shipping within the US (contiguous 48 states). I except Paypal only, and will ship once payment has cleared. Shipping outside the contiguous US will be extra.
- CarPC: $400 (Paid about $550 when new)
- Lilliput: $150 (Paid over $200 when new, includes Bybyte double din)
- Shark (Samsung): $75 (Paid $170 when new)
Computer Info (and price paid when new):
- Mobile Computer Solutions Mini ITX Case. - $75
- Intel D945GCLF2 Mini ITX Motherboard - $150
- Atom 330 CPU with Fan – With MoBo
- PNY Optima 2GB RAM with heatsink – $27
- CarNetix Cnx-P5v 15 Watt 5 Volt Regulator - $25
- CarNetix CNXP2140 Dual Ouput 185 Watt Power Regulator = $150
- Mini-Box picoPSU-120 ATX Power Supply - $40
- M-Audio Transit Soundcard (was going for an SQ sound setup for competitions) - $30
- 7 Port USB Hub with optional power - $10
- Wireless keyboard with dongle (designed for playstation game console, very small) - $30
- Misc Cables (USB Header to mount right on the mobo, Sata for harddrive, Monitor power extension, etc).
- All you need is a laptop harddrive and wifi adapter (if you want wifi). Everything else is included.
- For wifi, I found the Alfa usb adapters offer the best range and you can use an external antenna to get even more range.
- The USB hub came with a 12v wall adapter to provide extra power to the hub but it is not required to use. I snipped off the wall adapter so I could wire it directly to a 12v source coming from the computer. I will have the wall adapter and will include it.
- The M-Audio sound card was one of the best usb cards when I bought it (3 years ago). My plan was to enter my subaru in Sound Quality competitions, but never got around that far. I removed the circuit board from the M-Audio housing and mounted it directly inside the case.
- The picoPSU came with a wall adapter to power it while in your house. Again, I snipped the wall adapter off to use the plug with the Carnetix power adapter to supply power to the power supply.
- Whatever harddrive you install can be mounted vertically to help prevent damage from being in a moving vehicle hitting bumps in the road.
Shark (Samsung) Info:
- Shark (Samsung) SHK1040 10.4" TFT LCD Monitor (Touchscreen) - $170
- Still has the protective plastic cover over the screen...so the blotches in the picture are just from the cover. You remove the cover whenever you're actually ready to use it.
FOR REFERENCE ONLY: Inside view (notice where the harddrive is mounted vertically between the soundcard and Carnetix. *It is also mounted on shock absorbers. *Harddrive not included. *Wireless adapter is upside down in this image and also not included.)
Front panel view with power cables, monitor power (blue/black), wireless keyboard, 7 port usb hub
Front panel view
Rear panel view
Rear Panel View
picoPSU 120 (notice where I clipped the power wire to use the plug with the Carnetix)
Monitor Power cable
Wireless Keyboard. *The dongle plugs to a usb header inside the case
7 port usb hub, notice where I clipped the power cable so I could wire it directly to 12volt from the carpc
Rearview of Lilliput
Last edited by JonnieBlaze; 07-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.
How come the motherboard/cpu combo is so expensive? I'm assuming you got it brand new based on your descriptions. I got the same one on here for 60. So maybe that is why you are having a hard time moving it.
I'm interested in the power supply. Is it still available?
Strange, I haven't logged in here for a long time, assuming any replies would have been emailed to me. Not the case. So sorry to anyone who sent me a private message about purchasing this setup.....my settings had all emails turned off for some reason. They are turned back on now.
As for the motherboard/cpu combo question above, I'm not sure why you think the price is so expensive. I'm not actually selling just the motherboard/cpu, so I don't even know what price you're referring to. The price beside the motherboard was the price when purchased new, but that's not my asking price.
I'm tempted to turn this into a HTPC or maybe a homemade NAS. If it doesn't sell soon, I'm going to make that my winter project.