You sound pretty much like me.
I also don't feel like stuffing a ton of cable and hardware in my car when I can get EVERYTHING on the PocketPC.
I just received my Bluetooth GPS receiver so I am all set to start development on this.
As I said, my setup has EVERYTHING.
- Built in GSM phone (and GPRS internet connection anywhere)
- Wifi (with a nice antena and strong signal)
- Bluetooth, IrDa, memory card
- I also got a cable and nicely hooked it up to my Pioneer head-unit.
The first step I will make this weekend, is to design a nice user-interface so we have the feeling of howit will look.
The first functional part will be a trip-computer based on the GPS (speed, distance, and other stats).
Some questions/issue I have, and I will post them below.
If anyone has answers, it is highly appreciated.
- Could you suggest some "plastic material" which can be cut? Basicly, I don't want to use a cheap plastic holder, but I want to build a nice place for it in my dash. Basicly, I want to build my own dashboard kit.
- Anyone know some free maps that are suitable to be used for navigation/GPS?
That's it for the moment, and I will try to come back as soon as possible with something to show off ;)