Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: CarPC Wireless Connection script

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate Redian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    399

    CarPC Wireless Connection script

    alright, so i have this (very) basic script, basicallly copies files from one computer to the other when they are connected.

    but i am just wondering there was any way for me to have a trigger that launches the script whenever it connects to a specified wireless network..

    i've done alot of research and havent been able to come up with anything, so i am now coming to you guys.


    help
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

    I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

    "When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

    DG4L

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    it's ALIVE, j/k i'm trying to do the exact same thing so i figured i would bring this thread back to life to see if anyone knows how to.

  3. #3
    Newbie DVLRCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    13
    i've been looking as well and can't find any easy way. I simply just want to link the right mapped network drives when i arrive at work/home
    Carputer HW Status: 70%
    Carputer SW Status: 15%

    Microcontroller HW Status: 20%
    Microcontroller SW Status: 10%

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by DVLRCR View Post
    i've been looking as well and can't find any easy way. I simply just want to link the right mapped network drives when i arrive at work/home
    you can use the windows wizard to map a network drive, windows will try to connect to it every time it connects to a network

  5. #5
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,613
    Try my upd8 program.


    It doesn't detect the network, but runs in the background and checks at regular intervals (user defineable) to see if it can connect to any of the specified remote locations.

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Try my upd8 program.


    It doesn't detect the network, but runs in the background and checks at regular intervals (user defineable) to see if it can connect to any of the specified remote locations.
    waiting for you to approve my registration

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Done
    sweet, thnks

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    52
    I have doen this with an autoit script. It runs in the background (it is also my power management script) and does some simple decision making to determine if it is on my home network.

    There is also an app out there called NetProfiles that will do this for you. I found my script better because of the power management piece but this app was kinda cool.
    I am the stig's cousin.

  10. #10
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838

    Super

    Quote Originally Posted by lewcamino View Post
    I have doen this with an autoit script. It runs in the background (it is also my power management script) and does some simple decision making to determine if it is on my home network.

    There is also an app out there called NetProfiles that will do this for you. I found my script better because of the power management piece but this app was kinda cool.
    I lewcamino,

    I look for a program like your .
    Can you to updload it ?
    If yes Thanks before ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:46 PM
  2. Verizon wireless broadband and wifi phone
    By alinvegas in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 09:46 PM
  3. Wireless Connection Manager Plugin
    By buurin in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 04:34 PM
  4. Doing a carpc setup, questions/help
    By Punisher in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 12:44 PM
  5. Need help with making my laptop Wireless
    By JuMpMaN6235 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •