Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Radio Drivers Round Table

  1. #31
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wiesbaden/Germany
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLlama View Post
    FMode, I have 3 gmail addresses (at least). Two of them have llama in the name (at least). I sent you a PM with an email address I check. Thanks again.
    you are a gmail-account-spammer !

  2. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26

    Very interested

    Hi FMode,

    Having got my HQCT Tuner I would like to integrate it into my frontend and I think that your idea is the best designed idea I have seen till now. I had a look at dates of your source code and I have seen that it is quite a little bit old concerning RDS decoding. Are you still working on this? What are your progress concerning TMC support? Apart of TMC coverage in Sweden did you find coverage for other countries in Europe? How did you bind TMC coverage with "simple" coordinates?

    (For almost one year I did some RDS decoding for the silabs USB stick, I was not really happy with its reception and its RDS decoding: station name was not really stable despite of RDS character repetition rule )

    I also like the idea that you implemented it with .NET1.1.

  3. #33
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wiesbaden/Germany
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Teranga View Post
    Hi FMode,

    Having got my HQCT Tuner I would like to integrate it into my frontend and I think that your idea is the best designed idea I have seen till now. I had a look at dates of your source code and I have seen that it is quite a little bit old concerning RDS decoding. Are you still working on this?
    RDS Decoding is somewhat finished.
    It should be tested by someone else...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teranga View Post
    What are your progress concerning TMC support? Apart of TMC coverage in Sweden did you find coverage for other countries in Europe? How did you bind TMC coverage with "simple" coordinates?
    I am just working at TMC - TMC needs an Eventlist database in your language and a Locationlist of your country (if not you will get a "6 from 16489 to 16490") . I have german and english events. And Germany as Locationlist. Both are accessed via ADO connection. (I put an Access Database behind there). In these Locationlists "16489" is also described with Lat/Long coordinates... and I am not blocking any information in my layers to upper layers (so I am passing the complete ADO recordset).


    So another project would be to organize the Locationslist(s)...
    May be hacking another source if data's are not easy to get (example Austria: 2000 Euro) ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teranga View Post
    (For almost one year I did some RDS decoding for the silabs USB stick, I was not really happy with its reception and its RDS decoding: station name was not really stable despite of RDS character repetition rule )

    I also like the idea that you implemented it with .NET1.1.
    Can you move your driver into a seperate assembly ?
    I am just testing everything with my GPS/TMC mouse (driver) (no audio)...

    Station name (Program Service Name) not stable ? I did notice that some stations violate the RDS specification with changing this string. May be this is causing the problems ?

    I choosed NET1.1 because it's more spread than 2.0 and it's sufficant for that...

  4. #34
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    RDS Decoding is somewhat finished.
    It should be tested by someone else...
    Did you upload your code at your open source project?
    As soon as I have my carpc installed I will tell you for further tests.

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    Both are accessed via ADO connection. (I put an Access Database behind there).
    Why ADO Recordset instead of Datatable?

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    In these Locationlists "16489" is also described with Lat/Long coordinates...
    And these coordinates tell you the beginning and the end of the event location... is that right?

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    So another project would be to organize the Locationslist(s)...
    May be hacking another source if data's are not easy to get (example Austria: 2000 Euro) ?
    Are event ids independent from country to country? I mean event id 6 could be a traffic Jam in germany and also a traffic jam in France? If yes, maybe I could have something for you... PM me...

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    Can you move your driver into a seperate assembly ?
    Oups... I have to search for it.. let me some time...

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    Station name (Program Service Name) not stable ? I did notice that some stations violate the RDS specification with changing this string. May be this is causing the problems ?
    I don't know... I tried different error detection systems... without success. And my radio in my car was showing station name correctly...

    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    I choosed NET1.1 because it's more spread than 2.0 and it's sufficant for that...
    And is 99% compatible with .NET2.0/3.0 (apart of some obsolete classes or methods).

  5. #35
    FLAC TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    you are a gmail-account-spammer !
    Maybe, but I still haven't received your RDS source. Radio.zip is not found.

  6. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26
    Better too much than too few or?

    USBRadio.zip is about 1.5MB, is that allowed from your email account?

  7. #37
    Low Bitrate Pishaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    81
    FMode / Teranga: Could I also get the latest sources please?

    /Me.

  8. #38
    LTi
    LTi is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    23
    Can i have a word with the programmer of the USBRadio.dll ?

    Thanks

  9. #39
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    "I've read this thread"

    Fine design and idea, but since no activity in the last 5 months, has this become a dead issue?

    Did TheLlama ever receive the Radio.zip file?

    I know everyone is busy, but is there a heartbeat?

  10. #40
    Maximum Bitrate galvitron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    719
    I like the interface idea. Any progress? Or did this die?
    2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

    Planning:
    [----------] 100%
    Purchasing:
    [----------] 90%
    Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
    [----------] 90%


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Access 2003 help needed
    By veedubya in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
  3. Hauppague Wintv/Radio OWNERS- Resuming radio play?
    By live2themaxuk in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 06:09 PM
  4. Radio causes system to restart
    By Bobby Digital in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 08:02 AM
  5. DOS drivers for TV and Radio
    By pedro in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2000, 02:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •