Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Auto-return to main screen

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166

    Auto-return to main screen

    Has anyone done anything to make this? I would like this feature, and I am not sure how to even start with it.

    Thanks
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  2. #2
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    How would this be useful? I usually select the music I want to hear, then input my nav destination or switch to the nav view while I'm driving. I wouldn't want SD to switch back from the nav view unless I told it to do so. I think most other users use SD in a similar fashion...but I could be incorrect. I think that automatically switching back to the nav view while the car is in motion might be more useful than switching back to the main screen.

    The option to automactially switch back to ANY user defined module after a period of inactivity might be the most useful feature of all...and would seem very easy to implement as a digital mod or as a feature of SD itself.

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166
    Ok, I can agree with this....

    Maybe have it 'lock out' specific modules? so if you had NAV up, it wouldnt do the auto return?

    I havent used my setup much yet, (esp with nav) and I also dont see using nav alot for day to day driving.
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  4. #4
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    I havent used my setup much yet, (esp with nav) and I also dont see using nav alot for day to day driving.
    Ah...

    I like the nav eye-candy to display while I'm driving...even if I'm not actively using the nav at the time.

    Auto-return is a good idea though, and one I haven't seen suggested before. Perhaps you should repost your idea in the "ideas to improve SD" thread...it's somewhere in the main SD forum, and it would probably get more attention there.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166
    I guess I should explain the rest of what I hope to do

    I am planning on mounting a couple night-vision cams inside the 'burb, so the wife can see the kids as she drives. I was hoping to use the Subaru Skin, and overlay the cam image in place of the logo on the main screen only.

    Make sense now?
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by parksgm View Post
    How would this be useful? I usually select the music I want to hear, then input my nav destination or switch to the nav view while I'm driving. I wouldn't want SD to switch back from the nav view unless I told it to do so. I think most other users use SD in a similar fashion...but I could be incorrect. I think that automatically switching back to the nav view while the car is in motion might be more useful than switching back to the main screen.

    The option to automactially switch back to ANY user defined module after a period of inactivity might be the most useful feature of all...and would seem very easy to implement as a digital mod or as a feature of SD itself.
    I do the same thing as well but was wondering one thing. I like the album view only because of the gesture where you make a line across the screen skips to the next song. There is no way of doing this if you have an album playing but in nav view correct?

  7. #7
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by meth68 View Post
    I do the same thing as well but was wondering one thing. I like the album view only because of the gesture where you make a line across the screen skips to the next song. There is no way of doing this if you have an album playing but in nav view correct?
    It works in NAV for me... although I cant remember if its because I did it at the bottom where the song is listed.....
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  8. #8
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    It doesn't matter what module you're in. By default, the RIGHT gesture is mapped to the next track throughout StreetDeck
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  9. #9
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    It doesn't matter what module you're in. By default, the RIGHT gesture is mapped to the next track throughout StreetDeck
    ...and I believe that's true of any gesture in SD. Every gesture is pretty much global.

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Gamma / Dimming of screen
    By skippy76 in forum V.O.I.C.E.S
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
  2. Acura ITX skin (a work in progress)
    By 01black_ac in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
  3. Auto Flick to media screen from Main Menu
    By jaytyn in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
  4. ITPS Auto Power On/Off for screen and pc
    By wkolodny in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:58 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •