Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Traffic

  1. #31
    Newbie flyswatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    18
    Yeh, good point - also I don't know if super glue is conductive or not. Actually, shouldn't a good tightening of the screw holding the card take care of the problem?

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    26
    Thanks for taking the initiative and creating this mod.

    I have a mobile wireless internet connection in my setup and wasn't sure if there was a way to have it download the traffic updates on SD. It appears that there is only the offline method available right now, is that correct?

  3. #33
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    188
    Yeah... that's the state right now.

    I am still in the state of limbo with my car PC I ordered a new PC and should be getting it soon and then I will resume working on this, time permitting.
    Mark

    See all my CarPC projects

  4. #34
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    712
    I download the mod, but doesnt open or work. I tried it on my desktop, same problem. Is this mod complete?

  5. #35
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by flyswatta View Post
    Yeh, good point - also I don't know if super glue is conductive or not. Actually, shouldn't a good tightening of the screw holding the card take care of the problem?
    Thanks for the advice guys...turned out that the case wasn't fully closing. There is no screw to hold the card in...it's a Dell minicase...and the case must be fully closed to fully secure the card. I locked the case closed and have had no more issues.

    But hot glue is a great idea...I'll have to remember that for future use.

    Oh, and I can't imagine superglue is conductive...it's a acrylic (plastic) resin.

  6. #36
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by marchello2000 View Post
    Yeah... that's the state right now.

    I am still in the state of limbo with my car PC I ordered a new PC and should be getting it soon and then I will resume working on this, time permitting.
    Im still having problems with the digmod traffic, doesnt open after download. when i click on the digmod in steetdeck it does nothing. I followed the install directions as you said. Please help.

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    Im still having problems with the digmod traffic, doesnt open after download. when i click on the digmod in steetdeck it does nothing. I followed the install directions as you said. Please help.
    Like Mark said, it's a very alpha mod, so it'll take time and patience to get to work right.

    Here are my observations about the current release:
    The Mod automatically overlays the Nav map. There is no individual screen for it. There easiest way to check is to go to the digital mods section in SD and see if SD indicates that it is running.
    Also, make sure that you have an active internet connection when you run the executable program. If not, the program will crash.

  8. #38
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by 96khz View Post
    Like Mark said, it's a very alpha mod, so it'll take time and patience to get to work right.

    Here are my observations about the current release:
    The Mod automatically overlays the Nav map. There is no individual screen for it. There easiest way to check is to go to the digital mods section in SD and see if SD indicates that it is running.
    Also, make sure that you have an active internet connection when you run the executable program. If not, the program will crash.
    the thing is, it shows up running in streetdeck when I check the digital mod, but when I click on the app program it crashes. But im trying this on my desktop with the development streetdeck. I will try it in may car later, but Im sure that it was doing the same thing there also.

  9. #39
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    712
    I got it to work in my car, but the closest metro is DC. I dont travel that way, how can I get it for the local city and highways I travel?

  10. #40
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    188
    Hey Guys!

    Sorry, I did not notice any posts here until today.. I will help trouble shoot later... sorry again!!

    As for the new metro, you can click "more" in the download program and pan around. Also, send me the zip code you want and I will add it (it's all web driven so you wont have to download anything new)
    Mark

    See all my CarPC projects

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Traffic Cams International v1.3.0 (1.4 Beta available)
    By Enforcer in forum Other Cool Stuff
    Replies: 681
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:48 AM
  2. Interactive *Flash* Traffic Maps Plugin!
    By moahdib in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 07:11 PM
  4. XMLTraffic Plugin
    By 307SW_NLD in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
  5. My Traffic Program Source Code
    By veetid in forum V.O.I.C.E.S
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 07:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •