Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anyone having problems if they have MApPoint on their machine?

  1. #1
    Newbie dwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    20

    Anyone having problems if they have MApPoint on their machine?

    I do a lot of MapPoint development and have it installed on the same machine I am trying to dev on for StreetDeck. The dev environment seems to have a huge problem shutting down. I waited a long time for it to shut down but it never did. So I just went into Task Manager and blew SD away. Then when I restarted the dev environment I get the COM server busy dialogs.
    Check out my company

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate KMorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Faw from heyar...
    Posts
    89
    No problems here. I've got 04 installed and 4.4 here.

  3. #3
    Well, He asked for it. WebDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA (West LA)
    Posts
    1,636
    I got mappoint 2006 on there and have no issues, even worked with 2002
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

  4. #4
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    None, and I use MapPoint2006.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate TheLandYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite
    I do a lot of MapPoint development and have it installed on the same machine I am trying to dev on for StreetDeck. The dev environment seems to have a huge problem shutting down. I waited a long time for it to shut down but it never did. So I just went into Task Manager and blew SD away. Then when I restarted the dev environment I get the COM server busy dialogs.

    The first thing I can think of is since MP uses COM add-in functionality that MP doesn't like to share the COM service. My suggestion, do one or the other but not both, shut down MP when you plan on doin some dev work. Is there a way to close out of MP and keep your front-end loaded? That way you can do your dev on the front-end and still make use of MP when you need it.

    Luck

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edison, NJ
    Posts
    19
    Similar problem.. when I shut down Street Deck.. Mappoint.exe just won't shut down -- even if I didn't use it. It doesn't hog resources, but it hides in the task manager without an interface. No problems with COM errors.. though I haven't tried using the GPS on this machine.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate debugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunajewski View Post
    Similar problem.. when I shut down Street Deck.. Mappoint.exe just won't shut down -- even if I didn't use it. It doesn't hog resources, but it hides in the task manager without an interface. No problems with COM errors.. though I haven't tried using the GPS on this machine.
    checkout:

    dw.exe crash 1.0.5.3

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate JasonMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    406
    Also, SD wants Mappoint (whether 2004, 2006 or 2009) to be installed in the Streetdeck/Maps folder and not the default installation directory. The OP seemed to already have Mappoint installed, which would give you that problem. Read more about it over here...
    _______________________________________________
    All installed, and ready for visitors. Infill G4 in a 2007 Saturn VUE

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMK View Post
    Also, SD wants Mappoint (whether 2004, 2006 or 2009) to be installed in the Streetdeck/Maps folder and not the default installation directory. The OP seemed to already have Mappoint installed, which would give you that problem. Read more about it over here...
    Doesn't matter where it's installed. It'll work in the original mappoint installation directory just fine. That's where mine has always been installed.

Similar Threads

  1. Song sort order problems, suddenly
    By 01black_ac in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 03:56 PM
  2. mappoint problems
    By thewr3tched in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
  3. Problems with USB CD Boot
    By bad-at-this in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 05:41 AM
  4. BMv2 Mappoint 800 * 480 .Skin Files
    By IntellaWorks in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 03:03 PM
  5. Still having XMPCR problems
    By rjoek in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •