Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106

Thread: A little tease about whats coming to Driveline!

  1. #11
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    599
    Thanks for the feedback and trying the latest test-version. It's easy enough to make something work for a couple of users, but obviously the goal is for this to work for everyone. Out of curiosity, what baud setting are you using for the XM Radio COMM port? I think I had to specify 9600 on the XM unit.

    The ironic thing is that I listened to XM Radio for hours yesterday through DriveLine. I think it's just one little kink in the initialization. It sounds like it connected to the unit, but then it missed the response from the "PowerUp" command (which determines if it's activated and then builds the channel list). Can you tell me if it listed the RadioID in the "not activated" text? My guess is that it did not.

    (im at work right now, so I don't have everything in front of me).

    Again, thanks. I appreciate you taking a look at this.

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWorK View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and trying the latest test-version. It's easy enough to make something work for a couple of users, but obviously the goal is for this to work for everyone. Out of curiosity, what baud setting are you using for the XM Radio COMM port? I think I had to specify 9600 on the XM unit.

    The ironic thing is that I listened to XM Radio for hours yesterday through DriveLine. I think it's just one little kink in the initialization. It sounds like it connected to the unit, but then it missed the response from the "PowerUp" command (which determines if it's activated and then builds the channel list). Can you tell me if it listed the RadioID in the "not activated" text? My guess is that it did not.

    (im at work right now, so I don't have everything in front of me).

    Again, thanks. I appreciate you taking a look at this.
    Yea, I'm remoting in from the office myself. The baud rate is set to 9600 (which is correct) and there is no RadioID in the list. Maybe throw a one or two second delay in there before you query the device? Anyway, nice work!

    VegasGuy

  3. #13
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    599
    I was trying to do it without hard-coded delays, and just relying on what comes back from the XM unit. I think what's really tripping me up is the one command that doesnt return a response.

  4. #14
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    599
    I added some delays. Tested in Debug/IDE, and as compiled EXE. Both work. Takes a few seconds for audio to kick in and the station list to populate, but it works on the first try for me. Hopefully this initialization bug will get out of the way and the more exciting parts of the program can be worked on.

    I don't just want to keep posting "hey try it now".. But...

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWorK View Post
    I added some delays. Tested in Debug/IDE, and as compiled EXE. Both work. Takes a few seconds for audio to kick in and the station list to populate, but it works on the first try for me. Hopefully this initialization bug will get out of the way and the more exciting parts of the program can be worked on.

    I don't just want to keep posting "hey try it now".. But...
    Still "radio not activated". Ugh.

    VegasGuy

  6. #16
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    599
    Holy crap you're quick. Not quite sure why this works for SNO and myself and not for you. I don't want to keep asking you to try it unless I feel somewhat confident that I've resolved the problem.

    Of course, if you're just chilling and want to keep helping, there's a new ZIP on my website. I combined the two XMRadio commands so they are sent to the device all at once. The communication happens in a separate thread, so the radio might not be initialized until 10-15 seconds after the UI becomes responsive. In other words, give it a few moments.

    Currently jamming Alice In Chains on XM 34.

    Oh, and thanx again!

  7. #17
    FLAC SNOtwistR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Keswick,On Canada
    Posts
    1,407
    VegasGuy are you using straight serial cable to serial port on comp or using serial/usb dongle? SNO

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOtwistR View Post
    VegasGuy are you using straight serial cable to serial port on comp or using serial/usb dongle? SNO
    The XMPCR is a dedicated USB XM receiver for the PC. So it's a straight USB cable and the device shows up as a standard USB serial port (in my case, Comm 3). And I tried the latest build....no change. Still showing up as radio not activated.

    VegasGuy55

  9. #19
    FLAC SNOtwistR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Keswick,On Canada
    Posts
    1,407
    It's funny as I have a un-activated radio that says that on the top line radio not activated but I get all the channels too not just preview channel very strange. I'm off to do some more testing on the new build. SNO

  10. #20
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    599
    Hmm. Maybe we're talking to 2 different things. I'm using an XM Direct unit. Maybe there's some difference I'm not aware of.

    I think I found the problem. Documentation says the XM PCR doesn't expect a particular command. I send the InitXMDirect command and I wait for the expected response. I don't think the XM PCR ever gives the response that I'm expecting, so my program is stuck in the initialization step.

    Must eat. Then fix.
    Last edited by ClockWorK; 09-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Driveline in Action
    By SNOtwistR in forum Driveline
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM
  2. tease!
    By mitchjs in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM
  3. Updates to DriveLine
    By ClockWorK in forum Auto App Mart
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 12:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •