Thanks for the feedback and trying the latest test-version. It's easy enough to make something work for a couple of users, but obviously the goal is for this to work for everyone. Out of curiosity, what baud setting are you using for the XM Radio COMM port? I think I had to specify 9600 on the XM unit.
The ironic thing is that I listened to XM Radio for hours yesterday through DriveLine. I think it's just one little kink in the initialization. It sounds like it connected to the unit, but then it missed the response from the "PowerUp" command (which determines if it's activated and then builds the channel list). Can you tell me if it listed the RadioID in the "not activated" text? My guess is that it did not.
(im at work right now, so I don't have everything in front of me).
Again, thanks. I appreciate you taking a look at this.
I was trying to do it without hard-coded delays, and just relying on what comes back from the XM unit. I think what's really tripping me up is the one command that doesnt return a response.
I added some delays. Tested in Debug/IDE, and as compiled EXE. Both work. Takes a few seconds for audio to kick in and the station list to populate, but it works on the first try for me. Hopefully this initialization bug will get out of the way and the more exciting parts of the program can be worked on.
I don't just want to keep posting "hey try it now".. But...
Holy crap you're quick. Not quite sure why this works for SNO and myself and not for you. I don't want to keep asking you to try it unless I feel somewhat confident that I've resolved the problem.
Of course, if you're just chilling and want to keep helping, there's a new ZIP on my website. I combined the two XMRadio commands so they are sent to the device all at once. The communication happens in a separate thread, so the radio might not be initialized until 10-15 seconds after the UI becomes responsive. In other words, give it a few moments.
Currently jamming Alice In Chains on XM 34.
Oh, and thanx again!
VegasGuy are you using straight serial cable to serial port on comp or using serial/usb dongle? SNO
It's funny as I have a un-activated radio that says that on the top line radio not activated but I get all the channels too not just preview channel very strange. I'm off to do some more testing on the new build. SNO
Hmm. Maybe we're talking to 2 different things. I'm using an XM Direct unit. Maybe there's some difference I'm not aware of.
I think I found the problem. Documentation says the XM PCR doesn't expect a particular command. I send the InitXMDirect command and I wait for the expected response. I don't think the XM PCR ever gives the response that I'm expecting, so my program is stuck in the initialization step.
Must eat. Then fix.
Last edited by ClockWorK; 09-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.