I am not new to computers, but am new to the CarPC scene. I have a pretty nice system built, but would like some opinions on this OBD 2 USB reader as I have no experience in this area. I have been reading through this subforum, but am still confused.
I currently have a 99 Nissan Altima, but plan on getting a 2008 Altima within the next 6 months or so.
Here is the one I am looking at which is about $50 shipped on ebay
Will this one work with both cars? Also, do these scanners need firmware upgrades or do the codes stay the same for the foreseeable future?
Here are some specs on the ebay one I linked above.
Combine ELM323+ELM320+ELM322 interface + CAN BUS
J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud)
J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud)
ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)
ISO KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)
ISO KWP (fast init, 10.4 kbaud)
ISO CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
ISO CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
ISO CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
ISO CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- New Design! FTDI Chipset based design +ELM327 chipset
- Works excellently with Scantool 1.18/1.08de versions
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- USB Port : (to Computer or PDA)
- Length OBD2 cable : 1.5 meters
- Weight (set) : About 380g
- Color : Black cable
- Scantool software:
- : ScanTool.net OBD-II software, Ver. 1.18 /1.08de ScanTool.net v1.10 (DOS/Windows)
: PCMScan for Windows (Ver. 1.0) or PCMSCAN
: ScanMaster Pro for Windows (Ver. 1.0)
ScanMaster v1.1 for ElmScan 5 (Demo) or ScanMaster-ELM
: WGIobdii (Ver. 3.4a)
: DigiMoto for Window (Ver. 3.7)
: DigiMoto for Pocket PC (Ver. 1.0)
Thank you for any help you can offer.