Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 120

Thread: Free OBD2 Software anyone? (No Longer Free)

  1. #61
    VENDOR - OCTech
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by rp_guy View Post
    i tried it on my dad's oldsmobile intrigue and my acura cl. both worked fine, but when i tried the app on my gf's chevrolet optra (suzuki forenza clone), the app couldn't read any sensors or DTC info. i actually have another program on my s60 phone, and it was able to read what it could (water temp, engine speed, etc). i will get the output log tomorrow.. but any idea why this is?
    Not entirely sure. Do you know what OBD2 protocol the car uses? (e.g. CAN, PWM, etc.).

  2. #62
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5
    Will this OBD2 OBD-II AUTO SCAN Tool work with you software. I have a Fiat Scudo (Work's) Van im trying to setup a CarPC in.
    Thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Auto...ayphotohosting

  3. #63
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    47
    Exactly what i was looking for mjo151 you have a pm

  4. #64
    VENDOR - OCTech
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by pauleley View Post
    Will this OBD2 OBD-II AUTO SCAN Tool work with you software. I have a Fiat Scudo (Work's) Van im trying to setup a CarPC in.
    Thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Auto...ayphotohosting
    This looks like one of the cheaper scantools so hard to say for sure it if would work. Based on the compatible software listed I would expect it to work with my software but I can't say for sure.

  5. #65
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    47
    Couldn't get it to connect, Ill have to try a higher Com number. I have Vag-com. With my cable hooked up I was able to connect / read on com1, Any way to be able to select this com with your program?

  6. #66
    VENDOR - OCTech
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankstar85 View Post
    Couldn't get it to connect, Ill have to try a higher Com number. I have Vag-com. With my cable hooked up I was able to connect / read on com1, Any way to be able to select this com with your program?
    You should be able to select any com port that is available on your computer. The software determines what ports are available when it starts. You can set the com port and baud rate on the setup page. If you think you have both of those set correctly and it still doesn't connect, then send me the output on the Diag->Device Traffic page when you try to connect.

  7. #67
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    I have been using this software for about a week now with an ELM327 (clone I believe, considering the price I paid.) and it connects up just fine @ 9600 and polls and works pretty nice. The only thing I have noticed that is a pain is when my car PC goes into hybernation after I turn off the ignition, all of the polling times for the indovodual PIDs will go back to 0 when I start it back up. This does not happen when I exit the software before killing the ignition and the PC hybernates, only if the software is running when it hybernates. When the PC comes back on, the software reconnects but all of the PID polling times are @ 0 and I have to manually reset them to whatever period. It would be nice if a check box or some option could be incorporated into the software that would make the polling periods sticky, regardless how the software quits and restarts. Also, more graphics on the O2 sensors and intake manafold and fuel trim data would be nice. I am not a coder so I do not know how hard this would be.

    jkt

  8. #68
    VENDOR - OCTech
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5feb View Post
    I have been using this software for about a week now with an ELM327 (clone I believe, considering the price I paid.) and it connects up just fine @ 9600 and polls and works pretty nice. The only thing I have noticed that is a pain is when my car PC goes into hybernation after I turn off the ignition, all of the polling times for the indovodual PIDs will go back to 0 when I start it back up. This does not happen when I exit the software before killing the ignition and the PC hybernates, only if the software is running when it hybernates. When the PC comes back on, the software reconnects but all of the PID polling times are @ 0 and I have to manually reset them to whatever period. It would be nice if a check box or some option could be incorporated into the software that would make the polling periods sticky, regardless how the software quits and restarts. Also, more graphics on the O2 sensors and intake manafold and fuel trim data would be nice. I am not a coder so I do not know how hard this would be.

    jkt
    Thanks for the feedback. A few others have mentioned the inconvenience of having the PIDs reset so I'm working on a solution for that. It also may be possible to automatically disconnect/reconnect when hibernating so that may be another solution.

  9. #69
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    Another thing I would like to see that I think would help is when during night dosplay mode, the graduations of the guages and the numbers be a lighter color. The dark color against the dark background currently make them a bit hard to read quickly. IMHO

    jkt

  10. #70
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    47
    Alright So issues lol, Vag-com never has a problem connecting. It is definately Com 3 that Vag is connecting through. I have tried Com 3 with your program and always get a connection time out. I am using an OBDII Serial USB cable. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USB-V...spagenameZWDVW

    Any help be appreciated Thanks!!

Similar Threads

  1. Cellphone software for Bluetooth OBD2
    By mrlate in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 08:13 AM
  2. OBD Free software
    By Lowtechguy in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:39 AM
  3. Free USA GPS software?
    By Blue6Studios in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 04:05 AM
  4. New software just like Front Row, but free
    By skizot in forum MacCar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
  5. FYI: Awesome FREE forum software......
    By mp3pc in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2001, 08:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •