Free OBD2 Software anyone? (No Longer Free)
About six months ago I bought an OBD2 scanner from OBDPro's. I looked at some of the free (and paid) software out there but never found anything that I really cared for, so I decided to write my own. I've been developing, testing, using off and on for a couple of months now and am pretty satisfied with it.
Here are some features:
- MPG calculation including total MPG, instant MPG, and three trip meters (requires mass air flow sensor)
- Fuel usage estimation (total and instantaneous)
- Distance traveled estimation
- Load calculation
- Coolant temp calculation
- Logging of speeds and fuel usage
- Reading and clearing trouble codes (displays code + description)
- Monitoring of all supported PIDs
- PID monitoring priority (e.g. Update speed every cycle, engine coolant temp every 20 cycles)
I am interfacing to the car with an OBDPro usb scantool (www.obdpros.com). I have a Pontiac grand am and have only been able to test on this so I don't know how well other protocols will work. If anyone is interested then PM me and I can send (or post) an install.
Attached are some pics.