Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: OBD II Updates

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    OBD II Updates

    Hi,

    I am working on getting latest updates on OBD II regulation that has been changed since 2006. Particularly looking into the Car transmission system related OBD regulations. Could anyone please tell me how to find this information?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    376
    Something like this: http://engineers.ihs.com/document/ab...QIACAAAAAAAAAA
    All documents can be purchased from the sae. http://www.sae.org/technical/standards/

  3. #3
    VENDOR - OBDPros
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by kb416 View Post
    Hi,

    I am working on getting latest updates on OBD II regulation that has been changed since 2006. Particularly looking into the Car transmission system related OBD regulations. Could anyone please tell me how to find this information?

    Thanks
    Can you elaborate a bit more on what your are trying to do? If you can provide details there might be an easier answer.

    Thanks
    Paul
    OBDPros Scantool

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    I checked that website and it seems like i need to buy that documents for further details.

    I mean I am looking for OBD II related information that applies to Car Transmission only which has been changed since 2006. I was wondering is there any scan tool which is OBD II compliant and only checks for TCU communication and checks OBD II criteria for TCU as per the updated legislations.

    I hope i am clear and if not then please let me know....

  5. #5
    VENDOR - ScanTool Vitaliy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by kb416 View Post
    I checked that website and it seems like i need to buy that documents for further details.

    I mean I am looking for OBD II related information that applies to Car Transmission only which has been changed since 2006. I was wondering is there any scan tool which is OBD II compliant and only checks for TCU communication and checks OBD II criteria for TCU as per the updated legislations.

    I hope i am clear and if not then please let me know....
    Are you talking about transmission-specific diagnostic trouble codes?

    Vitaliy
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

    You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    Yep, exactly about transmission-specific trouble code

    Cheers,

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    376
    This is the latest standard from dec. 2007.
    http://engineers.ihs.com/document/ab...HOBCAAAAAAAAAA

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for this information, I have found the DTC for Transmission from J2021.
    this is only DTC but to specify it the pass and fail criteria is also necessary for transmission OBD II testing. Any suggestion about this criteria plz???

  9. #9
    VENDOR - ScanTool Vitaliy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by kb416 View Post
    Thanks for this information, I have found the DTC for Transmission from J2021.
    this is only DTC but to specify it the pass and fail criteria is also necessary for transmission OBD II testing. Any suggestion about this criteria plz???
    Not sure what you are asking, can you rephrase? What are these "pass and fail criteria" you are talking about?
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

    You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Similar Threads

  1. Lilliput screen on Ubuntu
    By yam125 in forum Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
  2. OBD II connector on an OBD I car
    By HearseNurse in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
  5. Confused about OBD II
    By tom2112 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •