Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fuel to air ratio

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Fuel to air ratio

    I know that a vehicle trys to run at 14.7:1 but how do I calculate what the instant fuel to air ratio is? Can i use the 14.7*LTFT or something?? Any help would be great! thanks

  2. #2
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by jfiliaul View Post
    I know that a vehicle trys to run at 14.7:1 but how do I calculate what the instant fuel to air ratio is? Can i use the 14.7*LTFT or something?? Any help would be great! thanks
    You need a wideband O2 sensor to know the accurate AFR.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Ok lets say I have a wideband O2 sensor.... what pid's and calculations do I have to make?
    Also, I have a 2006 nissan titan, how do i know if i have a wideband o2 sensor and if I dont can I just get some and throw them in there?

  4. #4
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    Wideband O2 sensor value isn't part of the standardized OBD2 pid values. If your vehicle comes equipped with this, then perhaps you might be able to use manufacturer specific OBD requests to get this value via an interface like the mongoose, but it's not something that is documented anywhere on the internet. The manufacturers tend to keep people from posting this information.

    If you really care, you can purchase a wideband o2 sensor and controller for about $200.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate joeyoravec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    Wideband O2 sensor value isn't part of the standardized OBD2 pid values.
    Yes it is... Not all (not many) vehicles have a wideband O2 but IF they have a wideband then there's a standard way to read the voltage/current and lambda value. See PIDs $24-$2B and $34-$3B. But I agree if it's not present on your vehicle then it's easy to buy/install an aftermarket wideband controller like Zeitronix ZT-2, or Innovate LC-1 and be done.

  6. #6
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyoravec View Post
    Yes it is... Not all (not many) vehicles have a wideband O2 but IF they have a wideband then there's a standard way to read the voltage/current and lambda value. See PIDs $24-$2B and $34-$3B. But I agree if it's not present on your vehicle then it's easy to buy/install an aftermarket wideband controller like Zeitronix ZT-2, or Innovate LC-1 and be done.
    My bad

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4
    go with the Innovate LC-1 im running one with my aftermarket fuel injction it has a lot of nice options

Similar Threads

  1. New OBDII scantool - Beta testers?
    By tmort in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
  2. Milage plugin - trip meter and fuel consumption
    By festy in forum RR Released Plugins
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 11:31 AM
  3. DIY: Built a heater for my LCD
    By nobb in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 02:12 AM
  4. COOL carputer with AC?
    By eduardovdr in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 07:54 PM
  5. Air Filter and Fuel saver
    By Scorpnstail in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 11:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •