Thanks for your input. I'll add battery voltage for the next release, it's pretty simple to do.
Error code reading and MIL light function will be done, but are not on my high priority list right now. I need to fix some reconnection bugs, and finish some of the new gauges (or displays, don't know which is the better word) that I'm working on.
It's been a while since I've pushed an update, but I haven't had much time to work on this project on the last two weeks due to work and personal stuff.
To be honest, skins are on my low priority list, even though I'm creating everything in a way that will make it possible to create custom skins. Screen configuration is definitelly on my list. The current gauges setup is just a basic approach so that I can test everything. The fact is that making it configurable in a nice way will take some time. I think the current default is good enough for most people, at least it's the configuration I'm satisfied with for now. :)
Your ebay link doesn't work for me. I'm using an OBDLink Bluetooth Scantool and was previously testing with an generic chinese copy -- the small blue one.
my ebay item number is 300530764805 from ebay.com.au. Im pritty sure its the right one anyway. Thanks for your reply.
Great to hear about batt inclusion
I haven't tested that one (300530764805)...
Any dev on this app so far?
Sorry for not being able to push updates in last few weeks. Some personal and daily work problems have been giving me a hard time lately and I'm currently working on a few important (and not easy) features that will enhance compatibility, improve performance and last, but not least, allow users to choose between some different kinds of displays.
I want to make sure that everything is working fine before I push a new version to the market.
What I have done so far (but will only be available in a few days/weeks) is:
- Performance optimization (better memory usage, lower CPU usage): means your battery will last longer and the theoretical maximum update rate is higher
- New display types: Needle Gauge and Value Gauge
- GPS tweaks (work in progress)
- Battery Voltage (testing)
- Reconnection has a strange behavior (I will be able to test it better now)
Unfortunatelly there are still a few bugs to be ironed out and I have to implement a nice configuration screen so that gauges can be chosen (Needle, "Pie", Value)
Hopefully I'll have more time to work on this soon, but don't give up on me yet. Cool things will come. I do use this software daily, so I'm also interested in improving it :).
If anyone has any cool ideas to propose, feel free. I just can't promise anything. When I believe the free version is good enough, I'll focus on adding more features on a paid version, but I have to make sure the "base" is good enough.
great to hear on the development Nicolas (especially about batt voltage ;-))
looking forward to test when my el cheapo obdii device gets here
New version has just been published.
Many important features have been implemented, even though they won't benefit most people.
Check it out and tell me what do you think.
Here's the changelog:
- Update rate improved for supported Scantools (up to 2x faster)! Check Preferences to enable it!
- Initial Multiple ECU support
- Initial Multiple Protocol support (PWM, VPW, ISO, KWP2000, CAN)
- 4 different gauges (displays) to choose from
- RPM maximum and redline are configurable
- Battery Voltage
- Reduced CPU usage (lower battery usage)
- Gauge would not update itself on one specific case
- Added support for generic ScanTools that don't support ATS command
- Title bar text could get overlapped
- Supported PIDs could be wrong in some situations